Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H 2013/2014 models - how does the adaptive cruise control work?

Hi All

I have gone for a 63 plate IS300H premier and the person I had spoke to at the time thought it does have ACC but he'd check, after the test drive I was quite keen on the car and all the gadgets so forgot about the ACC side of things, it looks like the car does not have ACC, its from a dealer and I've paid roughly £14.3k for a premier with 62k on the clock, the price seems pretty decent.

I'm guessing a car with ACC would have been much more, my question how does the ACC work on these cars, does the car fully start and stop with traffic or is it only when your travelling over 30mph for example?

Thanks 🙂

3 minutes ago, corpjones said:

Hi All

I have gone for a 63 plate IS300H premier and the person I had spoke to at the time thought it does have ACC but he'd check, after the test drive I was quite keen on the car and all the gadgets so forgot about the ACC side of things, it looks like the car does not have ACC, its from a dealer and I've paid roughly £14.3k for a premier with 62k on the clock, the price seems pretty decent.

I'm guessing a car with ACC would have been much more, my question how does the ACC work on these cars, does the car fully start and stop with traffic or is it only when your travelling over 30mph for example?

Thanks 🙂

• Thanks 1

ACC was part of the 'safety pack' which cost £2.5k new. Very few cars have it, and we really wanted ACC+crash avoidance so ended up ordering new.

It works OK at Mway speeds, but doesn’t work below 30mph. The lane depature warning is not all that useful. The most useful feature is rear cross alert sensors which really help when reversing out into busy roads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

ACC was part of the 'safety pack' which cost £2.5k new. Very few cars have it, and we really wanted ACC+crash avoidance so ended up ordering new.

It works OK at Mway speeds, but doesn’t work below 30mph. The lane depature warning is not all that useful. The most useful feature is rear cross alert sensors which really help when reversing out into busy roads.

Looks like ACC was standard from 2017 onwards, I saw a 2017 advanced spec model (with acc) Vs the 2014 premier I put a deposit down on, was £2.3k more.

With premier looks like I'm gaining mark Levinson and memory seats, I do want good audio so hopefully I've made the right choice sticking with the older premier.