Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another nice looking LS400 on eBay

6 hours ago, Razor61 said:

At the moment there seems to be quite a few LS400's for sale on eBay and elsewhere, this particular white MKIV on eBay (link below) caught my eye and looks very nice.

Lexus LS400 4.0l T-reg (1999) auto only 140k full service history https://ebay.us/BWG4Ak

Thats one clear car! Look at the carpet at the rear, this is how photos of the cars to sell must be done! It looks like it barely used too!

Very nice exapmle!

1 hour ago, Greer said:

I dont like it when it dont show the reg number, with that it can be probably checked on DVLA for rust/corrosion issues underneath (control arms) if they were were written on advisories.....Why hide the number plate when selling a car?

I'm with you on that, it always makes me suspicious.

This is not very far from me if anyone wants me to give it the once over.

Does look genuine, MOT history is pretty good especially if all the previous fails have been rectified with decent parts.

Buy it now at £2450.00 seems a good price these days more so with a full service history.

First registered 31/12/1999 so almost a 2000 year model.

If I was looking, I’d be viewing this one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Greer said:

Yes I would have a look at it, as you say all MOT fails have rectified, I think we sometimes overlook we are looking at 20 year old cars, no rust or corrosion mentioned & that would be one of mycooncerns if it were there, but, nothing mentioned at all

Totally agree with you Alan.

Although not mentioned I would imagine the cam belt has also been replaced at some time given the service history and previous owner’s attention.

I didn’t realise until the seller mentioned 12 volts front and rear, mine has the cigar lighter at the rear of the centre console but I never realised of course there are the same in both rear ash trays as well should you ever need it. It would be a lot easier plugging in a 12 volt tyre pump in one of those when checking pressures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PCM said:

Thanks Piers.

In my experience assuming anything is unwise and had Pete left a link it would have helped everyone.

Apologies for confusing people earlier, it was the one in the original link at the top.

Now only 7 hours to go, still £1800.

Based on Royoftherovers comment, wonder what stopped previous sale.

• Like 2

Was very tempted after selling my LS400 a year ago now got a hankerings for one again, I was warned this would happen and its true a hybrid Toyota just isn't the same as an LS400.

Right was interested in this it said full service history. Thats not strictly true. It had full service history (apparently) until 2016 when this chaps grandfather bought it, since then it has totally undocumented history no receipts even. It just sold for £2300. Hmm if it comes back again I might give it a punt at that price.

So guys if anyone knows of a decent LS400 for sale preferably with LPG please let me know, I'm in Leicestershire .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave1966 said:

Was very tempted after selling my LS400 a year ago now got a hankerings for one again, I was warned this would happen and its true a hybrid Toyota just isn't the same as an LS400.

Right was interested in this it said full service history. Thats not strictly true. It had full service history (apparently) until 2016 when this chaps grandfather bought it, since then it has totally undocumented history no receipts even. It just sold for £2300. Hmm if it comes back again I might give it a punt at that price.

So guys if anyone knows of a decent LS400 for sale preferably with LPG please let me know, I'm in Leicestershire .

this mark 4 with LPG has come up - I think its a members car:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS400-1998-LPG/324246278904?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D7d7f90778a7f43d9abdbd534c4e24587%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D174372721376%26itm%3D324246278904%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Aebd70ac8-d34e-11ea-b4ba-74dbd180be24|parentrq%3Aa5cea6891730a99b185a6ce2ffe28303|iid%3A1

Yes, thanks I’ve seen the ad, I’ll keep an eye on it as it’s still got 9 days to go.

A few rough areas, anyone know how much an ac compressor costs fitted. Nice size lpg tank with useful range. There’s another one in Walsall that looks good but doesn’t have lpg so I’d have to factor that cost in. The hunt goes on.

9 hours ago, Dave1966 said:

anyone know how much an ac compressor costs fitted

I recently replaced the ac compressor on my car. Once the old one was off the car and I could have a good look at it, it was the magnetic clutch that had failed and the compressor itself looked fine. The ‘Hub Assy’ at the front had come apart, clutch plate had detached so when the clutch engaged it didn’t drive the compressor, car didn’t detect the compressor rotating so then the flashing ac light.  I was advised to get a new complete compressor with clutch assy which I did, I said I would fit it myself after a de gas and then re gassed etc, what’s involved and what I did is in the post below. As far as cost, a new compressor from the UK is approx £550 iirc, when I looked there were none in stock in the UK. I got mine from RockAuto in the states and for the new compressor, drier kit and a seal kit it was approx £280 iirc, delivered including everything. Ordered Friday afternoon and delivered Monday afternoon. The cost for fitting I can’t say but I would guess at half a day labour (probably more) to de gas, fit new compressor, test and re gas etc.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/123942-ls400-mk3-aircon-compressor-replacement/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, messi said:

Hey its that nice ls400 for sale again

My son in law showed me the car for sale on Facebook, I looked and thought ‘It looks familiar.........’ now I know why😂 My memory must be getting bad.....

• Like 1