Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm

Bowserman

I am sure this has been done to death, but has anyone had a successful repair to the alarm going off?

Mine went off at midnight last night, twice then didnt go off again and has been ok since.

I checked my cameras and there was no interference with the car.

Hi Bowserman, sometimes Taxicab radios, IE when they press the microphone to speak, can set car alarms off, something to do with the ultrasonics. Good luck, or try and turn off the ultrasonics near the interior light. 

• Like 2

I am going to turn off the ultrasonics, however, the manual says press the button and it will put a message on the mutifunction display, but it doesnt, so dont know if its on or off.

I had an issue last year with the alarm going off randomly at night, sometimes more than once. No sign of anyone around or other cars etc. It actually turned out to be a nocturnal insect that was coming out at night and flying around the inside of the car!! It poked it's head out one day from behind the dash and after exterminating it the alarm stopped going off.

20 hours ago, Stompe said:

Hi Bowserman, sometimes Taxicab radios, IE when they press the microphone to speak, can set car alarms off, something to do with the ultrasonics. Good luck, or try and turn off the ultrasonics near the interior light. 

Lexus use a radar interior motion detector so shouldn't be susceptible to that type of interference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links