Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Need A Diameter Please

I was wondering if anyone could give me the diameter for the induction kit piping for the Na is200. Just out of curiosity as i have heard of people making their own and have seen a few that have been done.

But the main thing seems to be the diameter versus the length of pipe used. just wanted to get a decent comaprison. cheers in advance

Hey Don i made my one out of 3" pipe as most filter out lets are 3" or just over, and with this set up it has improved response time a lot. from 2000.RPM up!

http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/...mg=DSCF0025.jpg

Don all the black pipe you see in pic, and the Filter i got at this shop in Hayes Bromley :winky: he has some good bits in there and if you say to him about me comeing geting all my bits there he should do you 10% off price

the shop is. MOTIQUE A1 Motor Stores

37 Station Approach

Hayes

Kent

Tel: 020 8462 3377 :whistling:

A real n00b question, but what is it and what does it do? Increase air intake?

What kind of bhp increase if anything to do you get, and whats the price on a do it yourself job v's a shop kit?

Chris

Well lets look at the normal airbox:-

Restrictive to keep noise down and keep economy, basicaly a compromise between power and noise.

Non adjustable unless you buy a performance air filter but minimal gains.

Induction kit:-

More direct route and less restrictive straight into the throttle body.

More free flowing filter

Deeper growel to the exhast note plus an induction roar as it pulls in the air.

power gains and more throttle responsiveness

Costs can be very large for a pre made system where as a home made system can cost as little as £40

With a correctly designed kit you could actualy get a better mpg.

When i fitted my first HKS hiper exhaust i got better mpg too.

its all about getting the car to operate at its maximum potential

i get better mpg now, i dont know how much BHP it has now :excl: need to get it on a rolling road to see, all i know it is a lot lot Quicker now from 2000 RPM all the way up to top end, and i love it when pulling away from lights :winky:

O and the cost of my kit was about £80 :D

So how much was yours Marcus? Is it easy to fit?

Doh, :yack: Just spotted the figure, are they the kind of thing a novice can install, and where do I look for somewhere that flogs these?

Does anyone know if K&N do a 57i induction kit for the 200 and a rough cost?

I think i read something on it but not sure. Been on demon tweeks site but no mention of it

Cheers

if you are makeing a kit any K&N Filter will fit as long as it looks like my filter, :winky: i got the same filter as a K&N one but for 50% less than K&N one :whistling: the filter i used is Race X Universal one cost me £30 the same one on K&N kits will cost you £70 :ohmy:

Sorry i forgot to price up the filter as i already have one. its a Green universal filter (cone shape). but all the other bits aint too bad cost wise

not gonna be able to make it to gaydon, but im hoping to have it done by the bluewater meet.

i have quite a few mods in the pipeline (no pun intended)

hoping to win the auction on the Toms eyelids, have a sports grill that needs to get some paint on and am gonna be installing a new amp and sub. so im a busy boy at the mo.