Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying advice needed pls

Werewolf1976

Hope you're well!

Need some advice pls on buying a used Lexus - I am new to the country 

1) I am looking at a used 2009-12 Lexus RX450h or a 2012-13 GS250 or GS450h

2) The listing prices on AT UK and CarG are significantly higher than used values (I used Parkers).  Can you pls point me to the best online price guide for used Lexus in the UK?

3) How does car price negotiation work in the UK (real question)? I've lived in the US (where you can aggressively offer less and not offend ppl) and RSA (where discounts are quite small/hard to obtain)

4) Any view on buying from private party vs dealer? The pricing looks quite similar 

Example if the offer price is UK10k GBP or 12k, what would you offer to start for a cash sale?  Most of these vehicles are used / old enough that I would be buying for a 3rd party dealer or private sale.

Cheers!

John

Hello John and welcome to the forum and England. 2nd hand prices for cars have increased because of the situation with this covid 19 rubbish. There seems to be a shortage of good used cars and their is a kind of war between dealers to get the cars.

I assume you are a cash buyer then private is your 1st port of call. You stand a better chance of haggling than with a dealer. 

As for which model Lexus you want service history is most important then number of owners then condition. 

Trawl the site per model and get all the info you need. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links