Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus GSMK2

Had my alignment done twice. 
Mentioned twice that steering is not sitting centre, it sitting to the left and I have to centre it then it pulls to the left. They did do it second time same issue
He did centre the steering with a lock then adjusted the toe. The camber he said the bushes in the lower arms no 2 rear were shot and couldn't be adjusted. 
Can anyone look at the pics and advise please.. 
1st pic before they started and last pic when alignment done. And I'm sure he said caster cannot be done on these. Unfortunately there printer was off the blink so I just took some pics. If the readings are not right I will going in with the info. What are the factory alignment specs of the GS MK2. All factory standard. 

No pics, but I had exact same thing, went back for 3 visits, all the same. Back adjusters seized and steering wheel off centre a touch, turned out that light stork was in auto, so 1 notice from equal position and thats what they were centering to, so storks looked even. Never went back to adjust to true even storks, got used to it and my ocd actually prefers thats storks are even to the wheel now 🤣😂

13 hours ago, Upex said:

No pics, but I had exact same thing, went back for 3 visits, all the same. Back adjusters seized and steering wheel off centre a touch, turned out that light stork was in auto, so 1 notice from equal position and thats what they were centering to, so storks looked even. Never went back to adjust to true even storks, got used to it and my ocd actually prefers thats storks are even to the wheel now 🤣😂

13 hours ago, Upex said:

Sorry I don't quite understand light stork, equal positions I bit lost there my friend? 

Quoted extra. ☺

5 hours ago, Delp said:

Kind of understand what your saying, never heard of anything like that before 😄

Ideally all tyres should be exactly the same, make, type, speed rating etc. If not, at least the front should be identical and of the same make and similarly the rear too if of a different make. Even if one tyre out of a pair has a tube inside the other the car will wander on the road. Tyre pressures should right, a professional cheks the pressures before aligning. 

A  very important condition is the calibration of their electronic equipment. Only they know.

I would suggest to make sure the foregoing conditions are met and if you opt out for another alignment  do it with instruments that use absolute methods of reference and not electronic. They have no moving parts and they are factory calibrated for life.

When the steering geometry is right, the car obeys to every slightest command of the steering and drives straight ahead, on a flat level road,  with no hands on the steering.

Chris

13 hours ago, Mihanicos said:

Ideally all tyres should be exactly the same, make, type, speed rating etc. If not, at least the front should be identical and of the same make and similarly the rear too if of a different make. Even if one tyre out of a pair has a tube inside the other the car will wander on the road. Tyre pressures should right, a professional cheks the pressures before aligning. 

A  very important condition is the calibration of their electronic equipment. Only they know.

I would suggest to make sure the foregoing conditions are met and if you opt out for another alignment  do it with instruments that use absolute methods of reference and not electronic. They have no moving parts and they are factory calibrated for life.

When the steering geometry is right, the car obeys to every slightest command of the steering and drives straight ahead, on a flat level road,  with no hands on the steering.

Chris

Pressure all checked before doing alignment. All same speed rating. 

Tyres are same brand on front and both same brand on rears. 

There done it twice. Know there suggesting swap the wheels over first. 

The steering is sitting to the left and when I centre it pulls to right. 

Has anyone got the factory alignment specs. I try post a few pics.. I'm going tommorw but feel it's going to be a, waste of time..

They printer was off the blink. So took photos instead.  Are the reading o.k or totally out.. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_20200714_115838_compress94.jpg

IMG_20200714_120830_compress22.jpg

IMG_20200714_121415_compress96.jpg

IMG_20200714_121435_compress87.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links