Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting a GPS Car Tracker Device

Martin_W

Does anyone have experience of fitting a GPS tracker such as the Carlock  or Sinotrack systems (or any others). I am looking for recommendations and what pitfalls to avoid on installation and running costs / performance etc.  Really would like to hear your experiences   I have an ES300h Takumi (2020).  Thanks.

The last Talk to Lexus survey completed yesterday talked about 7 apps that Lexus are seeking opinion on and one of the 7 asked for views on a security app that would allow a Lexus owner to locate your own car in the event of theft.   This would allow you notify the Police where the car was taken to or is being driven as you use the app.   Of course the survey also wanted to know how much would you be prepared to pay for it  if it was offered as part of your vehicle's spec.    In the past Tracker was market leader but as Lexus emergency support can be automatically contacted if you crash your car,  even if you are immobilised/injured,  it's not surprising an internet connected vehicle can be configured to locate the  car in the event of theft. 

i spent a lot of time looking into trackers, in the end i decided to spend my money on trying to stop the thieves taking the car in the first place, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wendle said:

i spent a lot of time looking into trackers, in the end i decided to spend my money on trying to stop the thieves taking the car in the first place, 

Now, there is a really smart cookie.

Well said Chris.