Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Customer service in action

Lexus1960

Used CT owner here.

Recently drove from Edinburgh to Teesside to visit family.

On reaching my destination, noticed horrible scraping/squeaking noise coming from underneath the car which necessitated a visit to Lexus Teesside to check it out before making the return journey.

As suspected it was the loose exhaust heat shield problem which is a well known issue with this model.

Heat shield was resecured and an ongoing issue with the tyre pressure was also reset and resolved (without asking for this to be looked at)

Car was also given a quick clean and vacuum all for the total price of £15 !

Nice to know wherever you travel, you're never far away from good customer service from Lexus :-)

• Like 11

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Could you please send the service personnel here to us? I have nothing good to talk about Lexus service here.

Give us the bad bits John and we can then compare them with the lousy service we get here from Audi,BMW,Mercedes, Renault and VW.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, royoftherovers said:

Give us the bad bits John and we can then compare them with the lousy service we get here from Audi,BMW,Mercedes, Renault and VW.

Hi John, you want negative talk about Lexus service:

I was told by the Lexus service assistant that the SD-card for navigation was having a lot of other data from my car and not only the updated street maps and other navigation data. Completely bull****. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to let him order a new SD-card from Japan and paid in advance. 7 times what it would have cost me to buy a similar card from eBay. Then I had to wait more than a month for it to come. If bought from eBay it would have been 3 – 4 days.

I was told that Lexus had UV protection in all windows. Not how much though; he would search and inform me. Never happened. Found in my belongings a UV measuring device and found out that front windshield indeed has 100% UV-A and UV-B protection. Side windows less than 5% which is no more than all common glass windows have when they are not protected.

When informing him that, he told me I could have UV protection on the rear side windows and making them dark. Not what I wanted. Asked for fully transparent UV protection in all door windows and was told it was not legal to have film in front door windows unless I had documentation from medics and the explanation about the needed illness he gave was once again completely not true. Bull**** is what I got when asking almost anything.

I searched and found out that 3M has the UV protection I was searching for, but the 3M authorised workshop here told me that they would not install the transparent UV protection film. I also found out that 3M has had so many problems with their transparent film that I continued my search.

Found https://europeafricarussia.llumar.com/choose-a-product/automotive-window-films/clear-window-films and being stubborn as I am I found a workshop that would install the transparent film here and now I have 100% UV protection, even in the sun roof so I can see out without having my bald spot exposed to UV.

I wrote a complaint to the boss from the company and informed about the poor service quality I received from the service assistant and asked for another person to handle servicing my car next time and had a real bad treatment so no more going there. Unfortunately, the nearest service spot for Lexus not owned by same company is 2 days on ferry away so I suppose I will have only Battery maintenance once yearly here made with Lexus and have other service, oil change etc. made from an unauthorized Toyota service workshop (that is servicing most hybrid taxis here for maybe obvious reasons) and not going to the Lexus/Toyota authorized here.

I have seen that some on this forum recommend to have a service contract/warranty or insurance or something like that, and if (as I expect) Lexus is such trustworthy a car, it puzzles me why it should be needed. I do not use both suspenders and belt to keep my pants in place and except from Alfa, Austin/Morris, BMW, Matra, Peugeot I have never found any car so poor in quality that I have been thinking of having a service insurance.

Lexus is really a great car and does not deserve such a poor service organisation

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just received touch up paint from:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/8X9-Aqua-Touch-Up-Paint-for-Lexus-CT200H-NX-SERIES-RC-SPARKLING-METEO-Pen-Stick/233756114171?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Perfect.

Lexus here told me not possible to get right colour.

They do not want happy customers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links