Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well March 10th struck down with Covid, hospitalised Apr 6th, and only this week did I get the LS out for a drive to the office to pick up some papers so I could work at home.

So after so long not driving (other than short trip to get MOT sorted and there was no other cars about), the 15 miles to work was weird.  

Firstly forgot what happens when you put your foot down with a 4 litre engine

Secondly seems like everyone coming the other way is a potential threat (I recall that feeling when I was learning to drive)

Judging the width of car had me all over the place - just need a bit more practice

But such a lovely car to be in compared my wifes new Mazda (which is okay, just not an LS).

Roads busier than I was expecting, but quiet enough for me to start building confidence.

Looking forward to when I have the stamina to drive out to see some friends in Wales, but suspect Dr will say take it easy for a while longer.

Also decided to touch up key scrape down both off-side doors, just to make the car a little tidier looking, as not got the cash to splash on a respray.  For sure it will still show, but not as bad as having a five foot squiggly white line.  Just need to complete the job so that it looks okay(ish)

• Like 6

I think many are in the same boat...

Not driven for ages, then on the road again.

It does take time to adjust.

Regards,

Piers.