Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should i buy this ct200 - very high milleage

bladest

Hi people, here where i live in europe outside uk, we drive only left hand drive only, i recently found

ct200h top of the range mark levinson audio stereo, including, year  2011 ,

the car is 300,000miles - at least it have service book, which is a lot, i have not checked it in real since its far away from me but i plan to see it soon,

car cost around 10,000gbp           keep in mind that in most parts of europe lexus is expensive even used,

in service book i only see how many miles its been done service - but i dont know whats changed whats not i dont know if they were using outside that service book some non genuine parts- in such extremely high mileage - is it worth that car and what problems issues i should expect?  should i replace all suspension like shocks/strusts all of them and brakes etcs or ?

Please advice...

also car have some real  usage into the cabin plastics ,seats and other parts as well.

owner told me thats its imported car and it had some minor front  bonnet  damage which he repaired and now he sale the car..

Minor bonet damage should sound the alarm! This usually means a collision. Check all the gaps of the body,  go to the back end and look at the front end with your eye in line with the plane which contains the whole side of the car. If you see ripples then this is a sure indication that the car has been involved in an accident where you see the ripples. Check all sides against the light. Check the gaps of all adjacent panels and that the panels are in the same plane.

This is a very high mileage car with a small engine, synonymous with short life.

I would not even look at it. Even if the body is perfect with no accident involvement, the high mileage could be hiding issues that will surface soon. 

Find another or another model.

Chris.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mihanicos said:

Minor bonet damage should sound the alarm! This usually means a collision. Check all the gaps of the body,  go to the back end and look at the front end with your eye in line with the plane which contains the whole side of the car. If you see ripples then this is a sure indication that the car has been involved in an accident where you see the ripples. Check all sides against the light. Check the gaps of all adjacent panels and that the panels are in the same plane.

This is a very high mileage car with a small engine, synonymous with short life.

I would not even look at it. Even if the body is perfect with no accident involvement, the high mileage could be hiding issues that will surface soon. 

Find another or another model.

Chris.

+1 

Good spot.

The words, "minor" and "front  bonnet damage", just don't go together well!

If it's been stated it's probably a poor repair.

What else has been fixed I wonder?

Hi there,

Sellers never tell when or what its fixed or not,  repairs are fixed at small village by the seller - so not lexus autorized repairs.

What do you mean  

This is a very high mileage car with a small engine, synonymous with short life.???? 

Can you clarify, i was thinking these engines are rock solid, how much miles they can last are they unreliable or something ?

i am simply considering the car i have not yet bought it - arent engine reliable or not, who will buy at max specs lexus ct200 and use it as a taxi  , i heard about prius but ct200h?

what failure i should expect of the parts since its very high mileage.

Lexus 430 V8 engines with 1 million miles are still running with no problems  ( refer to U tube ).

Smaller capacity engines are stressed more and operate at higher revs in normal operation hence their life is shorter. Depends on the owner, the quality of oil used, driving style, environment within which they operate etc.

Chris.

• Like 2

lexus 430 is made  before  several years ago,

ct200h its made in year 2011 started production always older technologies and engines will be more reliable than the newer ones.....   

So approximately how much life would be left in that small 4 cylinder engine , approximately do they last till 500,000miles at max or less or 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...

Crazy price for an old car with 300,000 miles!

I bought a 2015 Auris Hybrid estate with 26,800 miles for 13.5k in January. I know car prices are higher in Europe but I wouldn't touch a car with high mileage of 300k.

James.

• Like 2