Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

what is lexus ct200h suspenion is it aluminium or?

bladest

Also how reliable is it compared to audi and other brands .

My CT did 76k miles before I parted with it, all oryginal suspension parts, never touched, no problems whatsoever.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, 200h said:

i think the results from what car speak for themselves

the germans are all in the 20 - 30 positions

what car reliability.jpg

From this post we see - lexus brand in general not specially for ct200h - which is same as toyota auris - with few more extras/options 🙂 and systems...

so is the suspension made of  steel/metal or aluminum 🙂 ?

from the results you see Audi and you did ask " Also how reliable is it compared to audi and other brands  "

its not the same as the toyota auris it is based on the toyota Auris and thats where the similarities ends,

to be honest i dont understand the need to know the material used to construct

the suspension as long as it works and is reliable thats all that matters

what car CT.jpg

Some time ago, there was an article in a motoring magazine about other car manufacturers raiding Toyota's design teams.

In that article it was stated that Toyota's unbeatable reliability comes from using proven designs from existing models to newer models. They only modify the part dimensions but keep the proven principle the same.

Look at every year's most reliable cars according to their owners. For 2019, out of the top 10 reliable cars 7 were Lexus and Toyota , one Mazda, one Kia and one Honda. Similarly for other years.

For a lifetime I drove and personally maintained up to and including full engine and automatic transmission overhauls strictly to manufacturers specifications Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen. Their design and reliability have a lot to be desired for.

Chris.

2 hours ago, Mihanicos said:

Toyota's unbeatable reliability comes from using proven designs from existing models to newer models

I was once told by a Lexus dealer that Lexus cars don't introduce new features until they've been proved reliable on other mainstream Toyota cars. The foot-operated parking brake on the IS300h is one item that comes to mind - it's fairly primitive in some respects compared to some electronic brakes on Toyotas. But my experience has so far been that it hasn't broken. Unlike the Mercedes foot-operated parking brake on some older models - I was told by a Mercedes indy garage that it's not uncommon for them to break.

I might be wrong but I have the impression that Mercedes do it the other way round and test fancy new features first on the S class. Perhaps the assumption was that S class owners wouldn't notice when their chauffeur had to take the car in for repair (under guarantee no doubt.)