Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuse box location inside 2007 is250

I've looked online and on here but I'm still flummoxed as to where the fuse box is on my car. No i don't want the engine compartment but where they are inside the car. Owners manual is useless. It only states its under the panel. What panel?

I'm trying to fit a dashcam, nextbase 322gw, I've got the hardwire kit but I'm blowed as to where to tap into the fuse box.

Good job I've no hair coz I'd be ripping it out now lol.

Under the steering wheel near the OBD connector, you’ll see a white/beige cover with blue writing on it. It’s not big, about the size of your palm. That’s the fuse box for the cars interior. It’ll be under the steering wheel, closer to the door trim, just above the pedals 

DB0F8B8E-FC1E-495C-A46B-9A673A8C2729.jpeg

Thanks guys I finally found them. Im going to use the fuel filler fuse on the passenger side. However these little fuses are swines to get out. Pliers don't work nor does the fuse puller ive got. Boy oh boy frustrating. 

Are you sure the fuel filler flap fuse is only energised when the ignition is on?

I would have thought it's permanently live due to the fact that I pull up to a pump, turn the car off and then open the fuel flap.

Yes fuel filler cap is permanent live. That's what I want. Tho I might change my mind but the unit has an on/off button so its a toss up between pressing a button or an ignition on power feed. Thans again for your replies. 

The wiring kit is great But the wires a Far Too Long. Feeding the wire so as to be hidden wasn't so easy but I did it.

15962925493912106168005614819331.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

The wiring kit is great But the wires a Far Too Long. Feeding the wire so as to be hidden wasn't so easy but I did it.

I hid all mine under the headlining as it went in very easy up there.

Dya know what I wish I thought of that but there you go. From years ago doing lots of car hifi installs and knowing just about everything to do with it to now having the memory of a fish lol.

Anyway I've gone from permanent power feed to ignition power feed. 

Now to learn how to use the thing lol.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2020 at 4:06 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Dya know what I wish I thought of that but there you go. From years ago doing lots of car hifi installs and knowing just about everything to do with it to now having the memory of a fish lol.

Anyway I've gone from permanent power feed to ignition power feed. 

Now to learn how to use the thing lol.

Quick question on this - which fuse did you feed off of in the end? Also, did you use the passenger side fuse or the driver side? 

I will be attempting to do the same in my IS250 very soon with my old Nextbase dashcam.

Hi m8. I used fuse number 12. Passenger side fuse box. Having no issues at all. Go on next base website and look for the hardwire kit. I got the refurbished one. Its like new.