Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Reversing Camera Blank Screen

I have noticed that when reverse is selected, the reversing camera just brings up a blank screen, but only occasionally over the last week. Stopping and immediately restating the car doesn’t fix this issue. However, the camera works again after restarting the car  30 mins later. 
Has anyone else experienced this issue? I’m assuming it’s a faulty connector or the camera beginning to fail? 

Mmmm interesting. Mk4.5 mondeos suffer that a lot. Cure was to clean a connector from the camera to the loom. Was prone to water ingress. One wonders if this is a problem on other car makes. 

I've not experienced this at all in the time I've had the 250.

Think i'd start with connections at the camera end and then the other end. Trouble is the other end requires removal of the head unit which is a bit of a pain to do.

Do you know if the head unit has been removed at any point?

Yes my IS250's camera did exactly the same thing. I just learned to live with it I'm afraid and didn't look into fixing it. This is probably a contender for the most useless post of the day...

Apparently the connections to the camera can become poor. It happened on a friend's IS250c but a good whack in the camera area sorted it!  Not permanent but it seems to be where the problem is.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I will take a look at the connectors when I have some time.  The head unit was removed a couple of times when we first bought the car due to various rattles, but that was over 10 years ago. 

On 8/3/2020 at 5:43 PM, The-Acre said:

Apparently the connections to the camera can become poor. It happened on a friend's IS250c but a good whack in the camera area sorted it!  Not permanent but it seems to be where the problem is.

I am that friend and the camera has worked perfectly since the day Phil lovingly whacked my IS250C, God bless him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1