Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200 Sport Won't Start !

I drove my IS200 Sport into my garage last night, no problem. Went to start it this morning and it just whined at me, didn't turn the engine over either. I did wash the car yesterday but didn't open the bonnet.

Any of you knowledgable guys and gals have any ideas? before I call the AA.

This may be worth a try - put it in gear, 4th or 5th shoud do, and try to push it slightly. I don't know if Lexus's have this problem but I had a car not too long a go which would do this occasionally, and just moving the engine, and hence flywheel slightly seemed to do the trick. I think the teeth on the flywheel just slightly disagreed with the starter motor teeth.

Thanks to all of you. But the AA diagnosed it as being flooded !!! and sure enough it was.

It was my fault, yesterday I took it out the garage .... washed it .... and put it back in the garage. The automatic choke got confused and thought it had to allow a lot of fuel in (because it was cold) and hence the flooding. Silly me. But word to the wise, the AA man said that this happens a lot with auto chokes. Still I won't be doing that again.

Thanks again folks.

Pete

The way I understand I didn't run the engine long enough to burn off the excess fuel and it remained there until I tried to start it this morning.

I suppose because the weather was cold yesterday that caused the auto choke to 'over compensate'. But Maybe a more techie person might describe it better.

Pete