Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gregory Jones

Hi, I have just purchased a late 2016 Lexus CT200H Premium in Mesa Red. I am delighted so far with the car, but I am having a problem getting the DVD player to operate. When I insert the disc I get the sound track but there is a   "no entry" sign on the screen. The car is parked up and only the accessory circuit is operating. Is this a dealer fix, or am I doing something wrong?

Greg 

1 hour ago, Gregory Jones said:

Hi, I have just purchased a late 2016 Lexus CT200H Premium in Mesa Red. I am delighted so far with the car, but I am having a problem getting the DVD player to operate. When I insert the disc I get the sound track but there is a   "no entry" sign on the screen. The car is parked up and only the accessory circuit is operating. Is this a dealer fix, or am I doing something wrong?

Greg 

Hi Greg and welcome to L.O.C. Nice car you have bought.

My initial thoughts are;

1. Have you followed the instructions as per Handbook?

2. What does the Handbook tell you about "no entry?"

3. Is the DVD an original or a copy ?

4. Why are you inserting a DVD as UK legislation does not normally permit playback whilst the vehicle is operational ?

I do not own a CT ,so if I`m barking up the wrong tree,then others will come along to help.

Have a great time with a fabulous CT!

• Like 1

Hi John, thanks for getting back to me.

According to the hand book, just putting the DVD into the slot should set everything in motion, which it does up to a point. The sound track plays and a small blue screen appears with a red no entry sign 🚫 (red circle with a diagonal line). There are 2 greyed out buttons at the bottom of the screen, one of which says "FULL SCREEN" the cursor will not move into this area.

The DVD is an original .

I am aware that you cannot play a DVD whilst the car is in motion, and the hand book tells me this. The car was stationary in the accessory mode switched on only. I thought it would be good to have an alternative to listening to the radio whilst waiting for my wife!

Best Wishes, Greg

32 minutes ago, Gregory Jones said:

Hi John, thanks for getting back to me.

According to the hand book, just putting the DVD into the slot should set everything in motion, which it does up to a point. The sound track plays and a small blue screen appears with a red no entry sign 🚫 (red circle with a diagonal line). There are 2 greyed out buttons at the bottom of the screen, one of which says "FULL SCREEN" the cursor will not move into this area.

The DVD is an original .

I am aware that you cannot play a DVD whilst the car is in motion, and the hand book tells me this. The car was stationary in the accessory mode switched on only. I thought it would be good to have an alternative to listening to the radio whilst waiting for my wife!

Best Wishes, Greg

Greg, I would need several cd`s if waiting for my wife !

Let`s see what others come up with.

When you get the time do tell us how you came to the Lexus fold and let us have some proud piccies please.

Congratulations on your purchase - hope you will be as delighted as we are with an identical model.  I know that our wonderful motor is fitted with a CD player but I haven't tried it with a DVD as it wouldn't occur to me it could be a DVD player - perhaps yours is also a CD player do you think?

• Like 1

Hi Greg, I had exactly the same problem with my CT and John(Britprius) put me right...I hadn't applied the parking brake. As soon as I put the brake on, everything worked perfectly. If

you've made the same mistake as I did, you could be good to go.

Regards

Eltel

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. I recall this now for my older IS250. Applying the parking brake is a prerequisite to playing a DVD and to prevent drivers playing, and watching, whilst moving. I understand there are ways to override this although that would invalidate insurance and be illegal/unsafe. 

Hope you enjoy the car 😊

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your advice, I have now tried it with the parking brake set and it works perfectly. Result!!!

It makes sense when you think about it, and no I am not planning to by-pass it. 

Cheers, Greg

• Like 1