Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ct200h or honda accord

bladest

Hi people, which car do you think is better since i am considering getting either one of these two,

lexus is way more hard or impossible to find where i live , i should bring it from abroad,

accord is more popular i am talking about 8 th generation european accord not improrted from usa.

That accord is made from 2007 till 2013  , tell me what do u think which is more reliable and which is better, accord is more roomy, ct200 is very tight in the rear seats...

both ultra reliable... for me, Id chose the Honda, purely as it's a bigger space.   

I had the CT200h as a loan car once, just felt like a baby Lexus, nothing wrong with it, other than very small space  (I didn't fit into it!)

I'd expect the Lexus to be quieter and more refined ride, but both will be high quality.

Does LEXUS CT200H have better rust protection compared to honda accord ??

one major issue with ct200h is that cats are stolen like crazy in every country in the world. which is huge and expensive problem insurance where i live doesnt cover that.. no option to cover it either....

The two cars are incomparable really. The Lexus is a hybrid, is smaller and will probably be cheaper to run. The Honda is larger, non hybrid and probably more expensive to run. Both are very reliable marques. The Lexus will probably hold its value more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadJam250 said:

The two cars are incomparable really. The Lexus is a hybrid, is smaller and will probably be cheaper to run. The Honda is larger, non hybrid and probably more expensive to run. Both are very reliable marques. The Lexus will probably hold its value more. 

I agree Martin.Apples and Pears comes to mind.

Should be comparing CT and Civic.

• Like 3

I do understand that its little bit hard to compare but They cost on the used market almost the same even honda is little cheaper,

and yes lexus is a hybrid, but in highway driving honda can give u around 6litres per 100ml fuel consumption and lexus will give u around 5.5 or something, depends how fast you drive it.

also both cars have simular suspension, lexus uses compact double wishbone honda uses non compact since its larger car. both engines uses chain cam,

of course honda can be ordered manual, why lexus only auto,

i am more worried in terms of rust, is lexus better in rust protection than honda or.  also honda cats were never stolen and lexus ones - i got friend who last week CAT CONVERTOR was stolen so...

its little nightmare with these cats...

not sure any modern cars have rust issues... they all have multil-ayer protection on them .

Hybrid will always be automatic and you wont find any smoother transmission.  Also, the hybrids have higher concentrations of the rare metals in their cat's ... hence the increased thefts from Toyota/Lexus .. sadly little you can do to prevent this.

depends on your priorities... if you want size, or worried about CAT theft, or have kids, then go for the Honda... if you are a smaller frame person and want luxury and comfort, go for Lexus... both will be high quality reliable cars, plenty of tech, neither will give you any trouble

(for me, it is shame they discontinued the Accord.. that was the only car that would tempt me away from Lexus/Toyota)

• Like 2

Greetings,

you can still get accord if u live in the USA

or if u import the car from Abroad for EU its discontinued - probably lack of sales i assume i have drive my old accord for more 12 years and even new ones have rust issues,

So i wonder Does LEXUS have better rust protection have anyone with ct200h have any rust at all ? I have seen Accord from same year 2011 or up with some small rust already thats why...

6 hours ago, bladest said:

one major issue with ct200h is that cats are stolen like crazy in every country in the world. which is huge and expensive problem insurance where i live doesnt cover that.. no option to cover it either....

If this is a concern for you, maybe you should choose a car that has its catalytic convertor hidden away in the engine bay. Here's an earlier discussion about thefts of CT200h cats with pictures of possible solution.

The Honda Jazz is also very vulnerable to cat theft; I don't know about the latest Accord but earlier Accords seem vulnerable too; here's a description of someone having an Accord cat stolen and how it was protected afterwards.

If you can't get insurance to pay for this, then maybe it's something to take seriously into account. Having said that, I've heard that Toyota is now offering a package of catloc and tilt alarm for around £350 for the Auris. Maybe this is the same underneath as the CT200h. If that's available where you are but insurance is not it might be worth considering taking the cost of protection into account to reduce the risk of it being stolen.

• Like 1

I have a gen 7 Accord and a CT200h. I would pick the Accord all day long! The Accord will be thirsty though whatever model you get so bear that in mind.

The CT is a nice car (it belongs to the missus) but I don't really get on with the seats and can't sit in the rear at all as I get leg cramp. Power wise it's fine when I use it going to work on the local roads but the hybrid drone can get annoying on the motorway.

You can get cat locks if you're worried about that.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rx/lexus-rx-phase-ii-2004-2008/lexus-rx-2-exterior-interior/lexus-ct-phase-1-catalytic-converter-lock/

As for rust, see my what is this pipe thread. That's what I've experienced on a 9 year old Lexus. My Accord is twice the age and isn't as rusty as the Lexus underneath. One rear arch is rusty but the other side fine, but that's common on the gen 7 I think. On the gen 8 they should be rust free. 

• Like 1

Accord 7th is more reliable than 8th gen since it have non Electronic power steering, but its older car now....  - so let me summarize if i get accord it will driven in lpg so  if we make the bill it will cost me same price as lexus for fuel or even less, or i will get already converted to lpg, if we are talking about bigger engine 2.4

if its smaller engine which is 2.0 petrol it will probably be driven in petrol fuel  which on highway with 140km/ per hour it will be around 6 litres which i guess lexus will be very close i have seen ct200h average fuel at 5.5

on high way and faster speed i guess it will consume more,

car wont be driven into town,

or it will be in extremely rare not often, the main goal is reliability,

and RUST PROOF, and less issues problems,

exept the cat - steal i dont remember or i dont know any other problem with ct200 for example their EPS - i hope is good not like 8 th of accord failing all the time, , about cat locks criminals can remove even cat lock so no warranty, and since insurance doesnt cover it, it will be just luck i dont have private garage or parking space to place the car so it will be into the streets.

i have seen 8th gen in 30-40k miles cars with full service book accords with some rust so its not rust free unfortunately...

no one can help you making up your mind on what your next car should be

you seem to know what you dont like (avensis) and what you do like (ct & accord)

make a list of the pross and con for each car and make your choice from the one

with the most pro's

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 200h said:

no one can help you making up your mind on what your next car should be

you seem to know what you dont like (avensis) and what you do like (ct & accord)

make a list of the pross and con for each car and make your choice from the one

with the most pro's

Then ask the Honda site and make up a similar list.Then choose!

• Like 3

Just now, Stompe said:

Well said Roy, what a waste of a thread! 

And he PM`d me twice prior to this thread getting off the Ground!!

I think he is in Bulgaria, in which case he should buy a Skoda.

I did think in one case that it was LINAS (remember him) in disguise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stompe said:

Think the Moderators should check where they are, or at least Ban threads like this! 

so i am not the only one thinking what a pointless post

this isnt the only pointless post they have made

they have asked what the suspension is made from ....:confused1:WTF:confused1:

why would anyone need to know that

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 200h said:

so i am not the only one thinking what a pointless post

this isnt the only pointless post they have made

they have asked what the suspension is made from ....:confused1:WTF:confused1:

why would anyone need to know that

About suspenion posts, i asked because in my country Roads are full of potholes and aluminum suspenion can brake very easily thats why.

Also it can be helpfull to other people as well.

Its not easy simply to make a list, because i plan to keep the car for at least around 5-10 years that real pros and cons are people who own the car like you and who have experience with it already for few years,

not some gimmick marketing from i-net. Thats why i created the topic to get more details. It can help other as well if not right now in the near future.

So i am still divided between these cars.

• Sad 1

the roads cannot be that bad in London as per your location

if they are you need a chelsea tractor not a car

only you can decide if the roads you drive on aren't suitable for

a car to be driven on, if you do use a vehicle on terrain that it

isn't designed for then it will fail early regardless of the make.

if you are in beirut then i recommend a tank

• Like 1

i dont have option to select my country or city which is outside uk thats why i selected London. 🙂

car will be ct200h or other lexus or honda

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links