Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The CR battries for a RX400H 2007 model  what is the Battery number is it 1616 or 1620 as i have taken a 1620 out this afternoon because the key fob broke off this morning when i was out so i had to come the house and get the one from my wife and take a pair of pliers out to take out the key out.  And have sent an email to my local Lexus agent at Chester Cheshire Oaks for a price of a new key and fob and coded i am waiting them to get back to me so can someone let me know what the number is please thank you.

King Regards

Eddie Mason   

The first two numbers relate to the diameter of the Battery and the last two are the height of the Battery in tenths of a millimetre, so the two you're looking at are either 1.6mm tall or 2.0mm tall - and I really don't think 0.4mm will be a critical difference, so either should be fine.

Just out of interest though, why would you even question it? If I took a 1620 out I'd replace it with a 1620 and it wouldn't occur to me to even think of anything else.

As for the key, I'll bet it'll be best part of £200 for key fob and coding at Lexus.

I've never had an RX400h so I have no idea what the keys/fobs look like but if it's like the RX300 then it's worth having a look at this guy here who will sell you a blank key and cut the blade from a photo for you. You then just swap your electronics into the new case, and all for less than £15.

• Like 5

On 8/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, Herbie said:

The first two numbers relate to the diameter of the battery and the last two are the height of the battery in tenths of a millimetre, so the two you're looking at are either 1.6mm tall or 2.0mm tall - and I really don't think 0.4mm will be a critical difference, so either should be fine.

Just out of interest though, why would you even question it? If I took a 1620 out I'd replace it with a 1620 and it wouldn't occur to me to even think of anything else.

As for the key, I'll bet it'll be best part of £200 for key fob and coding at Lexus.

I've never had an RX400h so I have no idea what the keys/fobs look like but if it's like the RX300 then it's worth having a look at this guy here who will sell you a blank key and cut the blade from a photo for you. You then just swap your electronics into the new case, and all for less than £15.

Yes, I had various quotes for a new key for my rx400h from local key places and they varied a lot in the region of £20 to £50.  In the end, I tried a professional locksmith who did it much cheaper- under £10, I believe.   He even had a suitable blank in stock, although it was badged Toyota instead of Lexus, and the shank was a little longer than necessary.  The label has the following markings:

CMII ID: 2005DJ1379

Model:  12BBY-08

Denso 

Aside from the Toyota badge and the slightly elongated shank, it looks identical to the original Lexus unit, and the electronics transferred easily.  There was no coding of the key needed.

Hth.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links