Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol 95 octane or 97.

Lyn14

Worms, can, opened!

For what it's worth I've only ever used 'ordinary' supermarket petrol or LPG in my cars, so 95 is fine. It should also tell you which to use on the inside of the flap.

Plus, you've only just joined the club but you have a 2014 car so I'm assuming you've only bought it recently. If I'm correct then you have no idea what the previous owner(s) have been using for the last 6 years - don't worry about it and just enjoy the car :thumbsup:

• Like 3

95 is fine for the CT200h. I usually get Costco fuel as it is cheaper and they use the same cleaners as for the 97 stuff. There are plenty Prius on mini can mileages with no mechanical issues, I’m sure whatever was cheapest was used in them. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Choice is yours( without being bombarded with the pros and cons lol 😆),both are okay,I have always used momentum 99 in my lS 200 sport and 250 f sport out of Choice I might say 😉 

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder if Lexus is a bit or maybe very optimistic about fuel consumption.

Have now had the car for some months and for me it is drinking 2.3 L more per 100 km than the 3.8 Lexus claim. Not that 16 km/l is bad, but it sure is less than 26km/l.

Wonder if pollution data are equally optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I for first time filled with 95 and will do so for the next couple of times to see if there is more energy in the lower Octane fuel than in the 98 or 99 or whatever the fuel is they charge a couple of centimos each litre more for.

So far fuel consumption has been 6.2 each 100 kilometre. I do not drive fast. Follow traffic. Nothing more than that.

Wonder how 3.8 should be possible. Downhill easily, but to go down you first have to get up.

Car is fantastic and not complaining at all, just think Lexus should not tell people 3.8 as this is not when driving normal.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, royoftherovers said:

Google it and find out John and do not get so worried about fuel consumption.

So WLTP is the new way of not telling us anything about real-life driving. Still extremely optimistic. But OK. If all cars are being shown with these data  at least they are comparable. The fuel consumption data from factories never told the truth. Would also be difficult as we all drive differently.

I am not really worried about fuel consumption. Care more about pollution.

Cars may not pollute much compared to flying, heating, producing red meat and other food, but the pollution from cars is damaging to general health in really many cities, so even though making electricity is a major polluter most of the pollution is not concentrated in areas where many people live, therefore I find electric cars and hybrids are a step forward.

WLTP.jpg

48 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Must admit my 2nd generation RC300h is returning very close to it's WLTP figures. Much, much more realistic compared with the 1st gen manufacturers MPG figures.

The Honest John real life fuel consumption figures are a useful comparator.

11 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The Honest John real life fuel consumption figures are a useful comparator.

Fuelly is better - provided you look at a vehicle with more than just one or two owners so you get a better average across different driving styles. Just make sure you have imperial mpg selected.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Fuelly is better - provided you look at a vehicle with more than just one or two owners so you get a better average across different driving styles. Just make sure you have imperial mpg selected.

Absolutely. Much closer to consumption of my CT200H.

Honest John (of course he is honest, his name is John) is so close to the WLTP that it could be believed he use same testing method.

38 is close to consumption of our car.

13 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Must admit my 2nd generation RC300h is returning very close to it's WLTP figures. Much, much more realistic compared with the 1st gen manufacturers MPG figures.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Absolutely. Much closer to consumption of my CT200H.

Honest John (of course he is honest, his name is John) is so close to the WLTP that it could be believed he use same testing method.

38 is close to consumption of our car.

The Honest John real life fuel consumption figures are a useful

HJ figure are those recorded and submitted to him by the readers John.    He has no input to the figures himself.

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The Honest John real life fuel consumption figures are a useful

HJ figure are those recorded and submitted to him by the readers John.    He has no input to the figures himself.

Here are the HJ recorded figures covering over 300 returns.https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/lexus/ct200h-2011

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Here are the HJ recorded figures covering over 300 returns.https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/lexus/ct200h-2011

John, that sounds good until you realise that Fuelly has over 65,000 returns across 900+ vehicles covering 21,000,000 miles for the CT200h where you can look at specific years and see people's individual consumption figures and how on a hybrid the mpg varies quite a bit between summer and winter months etc.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/ct200h

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

John, that sounds good until you realise that Fuelly has over 65,000 returns across 900+ vehicles covering 21,000,000 miles for the CT200h where you can look at specific years and see people's individual consumption figures and how on a hybrid the mpg varies quite a bit between summer and winter months etc.

Thanks Colin.

I am of the old school and think of gallons and miles. I do not have a modern phone and am not a member of any social media, I try to apply common sense and if I get another car I read its Handbook. I am not unique but sadly one of a rapidly diminishing group of diehards.

I can only tell people what I know from my knowledge and experience.

I am not familiar with Fuelly and do not doubt for one moment your view that its the place to go for the information being requested.

Stay safe and well.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, ColinBarber said:

Meaning I am using as much fuel as most other users of the 2016 model and more or less the same as most who are driving the car.

Always knew that the data from car manufacturer is very much painted in a very favourable way.

The Golf 2.0 tdi dsg is the car closest to the data from factory I have used. Supposedly 5L/100km and I used around 6L.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links