Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting forward and rear cameras to an SC430

Malcolm Harrison

I have just been accepted as a member of this club. It has taken an age to be accepted but I am glad to be in. I recently bought an SC430 which I am really delighted with. Unfortunately I have a very narrow drive so need rear and forward cameras fitted. I made contact with a guy called Lexusman from Gloucester. He was brilliant. He said he could do it and would order the kit. That was a month ago  and I can’t seem to get hold of him now so not sure what if anything is happening. Can anyone offer any advice? Unfortunately I am not sufficiently experienced to do it myself. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malcolm Harrison said:

I have just been accepted as a member of this club. It has taken an age to be accepted but I am glad to be in. I recently bought an SC430 which I am really delighted with. Unfortunately I have a very narrow drive so need rear and forward cameras fitted. I made contact with a guy called Lexusman from Gloucester. He was brilliant. He said he could do it and would order the kit. That was a month ago  and I can’t seem to get hold of him now so not sure what if anything is happening. Can anyone offer any advice? Unfortunately I am not sufficiently experienced to do it myself. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Welcome Malcolm. Lexusman is very good at what he is very good at, but he is not an efficient administrator and he enjoys sailing !

Neil, Bob and Nick who are members also should be along soon to give you good advice.

Let`s have some piccies of your SC430 when you are able please.

• Like 3

Hi Malcolm if you apply to the other site, we'll nudge the admin to get you in. There have been a few snags lately. Feel free to PM me your details and I will pass them to Rich and give him a kick.

There are several ways to install forward and rear cameras. If you need a good wide view the centre of the rear spoiler is a good spot but a little harder to install. Most good garages and car hifi shops would do it as they understand the AV set up.

The important thing is to purchase a good quality lens camera and to place it where you can see the field of vision required. The rear camera can be triggered by the reverse wire, a forward facing cam maybe best operated from a simple switch/ a/v switcher. Adding a Naviks unit is an easy solution to use the Nav screen. Some aftermarket head units incorporate 2 camera feeds but that involves lots of work and expense. 

Steve (WiL44) has done the rear cam the best way, here's a link to the car. His SC has been an inspiration for many years. Significant but subtle modifications.

https://forum.lexusownersclub.com/threads/my-sc.305/page-15#post-284140

• Like 1

Malcolm,

Your location makes me wonder. Sometimes when driving to Wales we stop in a little car park on the outskirts of Ross to let the dog out and have some lunch. A couple of times we have done this a chap has appeared and talked about my car and wanting an SC430 himself. Possibly on the last occasion he had actually bought one but he didn't have a car with him that we saw. My 450h is red and the dog is medium sized blond.

It's not you is it?

John

• Like 1

Hi John.  No it is not me who has talked to you in Ross though I would have enjoyed a chat being the owner of a collie dog myself. It’s a coincidence really because we lived for many happy years in The Forest of Dean and often went shopping and walking the dog in and around the beautiful town of Ross on Wye. I now live in Chepstow and treated myself to an SC 430 a month ago so am still in the honeymoon period. Many thanks for your post and if ever your in the Chepstow area give me a shout.                                              

Malc

• Like 3

Thanks Malc.

I did suggest joining LOC so I wonder if it is a member. I assume it must be someone who can actually see where I park. Covid restrictions meant I wasn't in usual place last time and nobody appeared. Will try again next week.

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links