Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Platinum Package

Colinsky

Hi

New to the forum and have just been to see a CT200 in a Lexus garage, 2011, one owner just over 71k. It’s a Premium Used car and when discussing finance etc they offered a Lexus Platinum Package along with the one year warranty. I’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere on the Lexus site, would anyone know if this is new and worth having above the one year warranty?

Thanks

colin

5 minutes ago, Colinsky said:

Hi

New to the forum and have just been to see a CT200 in a Lexus garage, 2011, one owner just over 71k. It’s a Premium Used car and when discussing finance etc they offered a Lexus Platinum Package along with the one year warranty. I’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere on the Lexus site, would anyone know if this is new and worth having above the one year warranty?

Thanks

colin

https://www.rrg-group.com/lexus/service-parts/lexus-platinum-care/

Hi John

Thanks for the link, I think it must of been part of a wider package offered, “Added Value”. This includes the below.

Lexus Asset Protector, Lexus SMART Cover, Tyre insurance, Interior & Exterior cover, and  Dash Cam. It’s not cheap, an additional £2.5k along with the warranty. Garage is in London so not part of the rrg group I don’t think.

Thanks

Colin

If it was me... I would save the money and not bother.

Warranty: yes.

Extras: no.

Maybe extend the warranty: probably £995 for another 2 years?

1 hour ago, Colinsky said:

Hi John

Thanks for the link, I think it must of been part of a wider package offered, “Added Value”. This includes the below.

Lexus Asset Protector, Lexus SMART Cover, Tyre insurance, Interior & Exterior cover, and  Dash Cam. It’s not cheap, an additional £2.5k along with the warranty. Garage is in London so not part of the rrg group I don’t think.

Thanks

Colin

You are welcome Colin.

I am of the same view as Piers below.

Welcome to the L.O.C. by the way. I am sure that you will be delighted with the CT and it is I think top of the range model with lots of standard features built in.

You are right to buy from a Lexus Dealer. You will receive a 12 month warranty and Have the opportunity to purchase a Lexus Extended Warranty which will protect you from any Electrical or Mechanical breakdowns during the first 10 years and 149,000 miles of its life. The Hybrid Battery will be warranted for the first 15 years of its life and you should consider buying a Service Plan.More on all of this from your Lexus Dealer and plenty of solid advice from Members here too.

When you have the time please tell us all how you decided that Lexus was for you and do let us all have some piccies.

Happy Motoring Colin.

• Like 1

Hi John and Piers

Many thanks for the warm welcome to the forums, much appreciated. I’m much of the same in thinking for the added extras, certainly a big addition financially. I have feeling there’s a bit of wiggle room in the price so I’ll see how it goes. I’ll update tomorrow/Friday on how things go. Hopefully a happy CT200 😃

Thanks

Colin

• Like 2

IF you really wanted the extras, buy them independently, maybe - and cheaper?

I was offered them and my wife.

We both declined. We would never have used them and they only last a year...

Save the money, I suggest! 

• Like 1

Thanks Piers,

Going to take another look this afternoon and had a look at the service history and noticed the below for a couple of entries, I'm a bit wary that the car has been in an accident or had bodywork done. Do you think this is the case or as the salesman said, it's for a loan car at the service time? It falls under the Labour area and not parts.

Code - CDWL

Description - Lexus Loan Car - Collision Dam

Thanks

Colin

it's funny how we all make a point of buying the most reliable cars we know of, then get nervous about not paying for value added warranties ... especially when the 12 month you get from the dealer is already really good to start with.

Last time we faced the issue I remember my experience with a Renault... no amount of insurance would have saved me from that pain! .... if it is a Lexus dealer, check the history really carefully then trust the brand, there is a reason we all love it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colinsky said:

Thanks Piers,

Going to take another look this afternoon and had a look at the service history and noticed the below for a couple of entries, I'm a bit wary that the car has been in an accident or had bodywork done. Do you think this is the case or as the salesman said, it's for a loan car at the service time? It falls under the Labour area and not parts.

Code - CDWL

Thanks

Colin

I don't know.

Might have just been an excess for a loan car?

I guess their HPI check would show any details...?

Spot on John.

I have told our children that they should never buy a car from French or Italian manufacturers and to be very wary indeed about any German manufacturers.

Buy a car made by a Japanese manufacturer and your repair costs will be minimal.

3 hours ago, Colinsky said:

Thanks Piers,

Code - CDWL

Thanks

Colin

That was my point about checking the history carefully.... My IS200d has clearly had some history the dealer denied... (salesman are salesman at the end of the day) ... as the years have progressed, I have seen more and more evidence of a N/S collision, bad re-spray  (which they did re-do for me), new windscreen, tyres didn't match, paint on wheel is slightly different etc...   I took the bumper off recently to change the radiator and the evidence was clear in there,  some broken clips etc.   However, regardless, the car has been fine... I suspect the radiator was a long term issue from it's history.

So check carefully the window glass has  same logo all around, tyres are all the same, shut-lines are all good (out of the factory, Lexus shut-lines are usually perfect) .. also check for signs of re-spray  (usually obvious on surrounding  rubbers and plastic).  Accidents happen and some are only cosmetic, so providing Lexus acknowledge the history of the repair, then your corrosion warranty should remain valid. 

• Like 1

Thanks John,

Did look further into the history and it was a demo and one owner since (living locally) who had put private plates on the car. All seems ok, HPI checks out but i do wonder about the bodywork, salesman says he's had it checked three times and by the body shop to. But as you say, a salesman is a salesman. Anyway, there is body work scratched etc that they going to do and refurbish the wheels, new service and picking it up next week. Looking forward to it 😀

Thanks

Colin

• Like 2

Unfo HPI is not perfect. It will not show that the car was in collision if it was repaired by the insurance company. Only write offs are shown. It is still on buyer to check the car before purchase.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, completely understand.

Just a thought, do Lexus offer an "Extended Warranty" after a car is 10 years old? The car (2011) includes the one year warranty but could that be extended to three years if negotiated, obviously outside of the 10 year age limit as per the T&C's?

Thanks

Colin

35 minutes ago, Colinsky said:

Thanks Peter, completely understand.

Just a thought, do Lexus offer an "Extended Warranty" after a car is 10 years old? The car (2011) includes the one year warranty but could that be extended to three years if negotiated, obviously outside of the 10 year age limit as per the T&C's?

Thanks

Colin

Colin, my GS is 10 years old and I have been allowed 2 extra years so long as I paid for the 2 year extension before the current plan ends.Ask your Dealer if you can do the same. Good luck as the older the car, the more likely it is that problems will occur.

Hi all

Proud owner of a CT200h, picked it up this afternoon and loving the car 😃. In some respects it’s like learning to drive again, especially after watching video’s and reading how to drive and get the best out of the car. The car isn’t perfect by any means but managed to get an extended warranty for an additional 2yrs, pictures to follow. Thanks all for your help and welcome.

Thanks

Colin

• Like 2