Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i get this too.. sometimes it doesnt want to lock.. sometimes unlock

I always have to stand real close.. i thought it might have been a security feature in case someone has some sort of scanning device.

well i always look a pratt stood by the door pressing the button loads of time.

I want to walk away and press the button.. not look like i am trying to change channel on the TV!

I have two remotes and i have to be right next to car with both ,changed batterys in both and it is still the same :angry: .would not work at all tonight thought it had broke until i used the key and tried to start car only to find Battery flat ,i had left the lights on all day :whistling: .AA came out and sorted it within 20 mins and told me it was the first GS mk1 he had been called to in over four years :)

thats something that i have noticed with the GS

With the soarer it was very good to make sure you did not leave the lights on.. open the door and it would beep... take the keys out with the lights on and the lights turned themselves off as soon as you opened the door... no way you could accidently leave the lights on.

Now the GS does not have this feature. So i kept leaving lights on

Same with leaving the car in D when parking and removing the key... never known an auto to let me do this apart from the GS

Also I noticed that i do not have to have my foot on the brake to change transmission from a stationary position.... P to D

It misses loads of bits i have seen on imports.

Not dissing so dont flame me... bloody fine motor indeed! But people bitch on about imports when these have all the little extras... its only when you jump in a uk spec you notice the difference.

I also miss my auto locking doors... will have to be carefull when hand signalling next time :D

Mine will lock/unlock from being stood inside the house at the front door, so would say that's about 5-6 metres.

The only thing is, the alarm is a bit crappy isn't it. Does any of yours actually tell you that it's locked eg with flashing lights or whatever? The locking is that quiet, you sometimes can't tell - especially at night. Unless you look inside at the light on the dash.

Mine will lock/unlock from being stood inside the house at the front door, so would say that's about 5-6 metres.

The only thing is, the alarm is a bit crappy isn't it. Does any of yours actually tell you that it's locked eg with flashing lights or whatever? The locking is that quiet, you sometimes can't tell - especially at night. Unless you look inside at the light on the dash.

the alarm is piggin loud on mine..

and the indicators flash when arming

mine does not beep or flash when locking or unlocking.. you just here the click of the central looking .. when i first got my car i had to lock it with myself inside wait 15 sec then open the door from the inside just to check the alarm worked as i was not sure.. and yes it does..lol

craig

They should of used the same alarm system on the GS as they do on the IS,i can lock/unlock mine whilst being Faaaarrrrrr Aaaawwwwwwwwaaaaayyyyyy.

Not the series I GS. Completly different to the IS system. The first systems were not Thatcham approved, mid 1995 onwards had a CAT 1 systems with separate key fob.