Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension conversion

Hi Chris I started by takeing tension off then winding it up by hand till it got tight , then puting the second lock ring up to the first one and then wound the top one up until the the supplied spanner fits between ( about 4mm) then locking the lower one, what height have you set all around the car

• Like 1

Had a go at removing the 60amp fuse, not easy as I think they have a retaining bolt? and not obvious how to get to that. The fuse box must come apart but looks like you have to remove it from the car to do so. So far failed.

Also I have now reduced the pre tension on the coils to zero but I am finding the suspension very hard giving a very bumpy ride a long way short of the original, Did you make any other adjustments?

Chris

I removed 7.5 amp under dash, also the 60 amp which is abit of a pain , lights still on so removed speedo cluster , took off glass and lour black electrical tape over the suspension warning lights .

re the ride I did muck about with preload a few times , ride is a little harder but your going from a very expensive air system to coilovers

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

I have now changed the coil overs to the type with adjustable dampeners (direct from Maxspeedingrods) and the ride is far superior. The fixed dampeners give a pretty hard ride in comparison.

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TR7 said:

UPDATE

I have now changed the coil overs to the type with adjustable dampeners (direct from Maxspeedingrods) and the ride is far superior. The fixed dampeners give a pretty hard ride in comparison.

Chris

That's good to know - thank you Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links