Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reliable weather website?

I've had a few days off this week to try and get a few jobs done, but my plans are being thwarted by the weather. Nothing unusual in that, but my frustration is that both Met Office and BBC Weather have forecast no rain (well, less than 5% chance) both yesterday and today. Yesterday it rained more than it was dry, and do far today it hasn't stopped...but both websites still insist it is dry!

So, does anybody use a weather website or app that they find they can rely upon? 

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

I've had a few days off this week to try and get a few jobs done, but my plans are being thwarted by the weather. Nothing unusual in that, but my frustration is that both Met Office and BBC Weather have forecast no rain (well, less than 5% chance) both yesterday and today. Yesterday it rained more than it was dry, and do far today it hasn't stopped...but both websites still insist it is dry!

So, does anybody use a weather website or app that they find they can rely upon? 

You're lucky to have any rain, down here in Sussex the ground is dry and cracked.  Good for my tomatoes though!  I've generally found the BBC site to be bordering on useless.

• Haha 1

I have noticed that most of the local TV weather forecasts now spend the first minute showing you pictures taken by viewers and then go on to tell you what has already happened. Eventually you then get terms such as “ may be, could and possibly” when it comes to the actual forecast.

If I made as many errors in my job as the Met’ Office I would have been sacked years ago!

The most accurate way of forecasting the weather?………Look out of the window.

• Like 3

I use a weather radar website, great for timing when rain will arrive. One can watch it's progress, similar to that used by F1 teams. One can still be caught out as rain clouds can form very quickly on occasion.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

I have noticed that most of the local TV weather forecasts now spend the first minute showing you pictures taken by viewers and then go on to tell you what has already happened. Eventually you then get terms such as “ may be, could and possibly” when it comes to the actual forecast.

If I made as many errors in my job as the Met’ Office I would have been sacked years ago!

The most accurate way of forecasting the weather?………Look out of the window.

They cannot be specific as that would impact their bonus payments!

"Earlier on today apparently a woman rang the BBC and said she had heard that there was a hurricane on the way. Well if you are watching, don't worry, there isn't."

• Haha 1

Thanks all for your replies. I'll try those two sites and see how I get on.

Certainly trying to plan anything based on either BBC or Met Office and expecting a reliable forecast is a bit...tricky!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links