Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blazing Carnelian!

I'm thinking that my next car might be another NX F-Sport, in blazing carnelian with the white leather, however I have not seen this colour 'in the flesh'... only on the Lexus website.

Has anyone got an NX in this colour or seen one for real? 

On 8/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, Ian J. Parsley said:

I've seen a UX in it and it looks great. 

Just one thing though - if you ding the paint on it, will it be easy to fix...?! 

I'm guessing that it will be the same as any other metallic paint. Based on the price, I believe that it is a similar finish to Sonic Titanium.

I was quoted £1200 to respray the bonnet on my Sonic Red RC because of one smallish stone chip. Any other repair would stick out like a sore thumb! The Sonic paints are a five layer finish and expensive to repair. IIRC there is only one company that offers a single pot repair paint and it's not Lexus...

I carried that stone chip as a badge of honour......

• Haha 1

Looked at an NX in this colour yesterday at Lexus Bolton. Was not impreesed if truthful.  Without wishing to upset anyone who likes this colour or has it on their vehicle, I offer my apologies unreservedly Beforehand,  but my better half described it as lexus poo colour. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 6:24 PM, Eggie said:

Looked at an NX in this colour yesterday at Lexus Bolton. Was not impreesed if truthful.  Without wishing to upset anyone who likes this colour or has it on their vehicle, I offer my apologies unreservedly Beforehand,  but my better half described it as lexus poo colour. 

Ah yes,,, I recently noticed that Bolton have one for sale. I am assuming that it is a demo given the age and low mileage.

To me, it looks great in the pics. Still have not seen one on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Called in at Lexus Bolton. They had put the NX that is blazing carnelian in the showroom. Under the lights it looked amazing.  I am happy to take back my initial observations which I posted earlier after just seeing it briefly. I would buy it but the boss - My wife - wont be persuaded.

• Like 1