Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Memory seat controls

peasoup39

All my electric seat controls, mirror controls and steering adjust controls work perfectly. but the memory seat position control; does not work.

According to the manual with car in Park and ignition on you press and hold the set button and press button one until a beep is heard.

I have tried this several times and i get no beep and button one does not return the seat to the preset position..

Is this a common problem? Is this control separately fused or am i misreading the instructions.

Interesting as i have just replaced the Battery which went AWOL when the car was on a sorn due to me being in lockdown.. The manual says it has its own microprocessor so maybe that needs to be rebooted.........somehow?

I've never needed to do it but there is a seat reset procedure that supposed to restore the memory function. There's a similar one for the windows so it does make some sense.

1. move seat all the way back.
  2. move seat all the way forward.
  3. recline seat as far back as it will go.
  4. incline seat as far forward as it will go.

Worth a try

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that, i just also picked it up on a US forum. Will try it in the morning and report back.

Why do Lexus make things so difficult with having resetting procedures they tell nobody about so we have to rely on knowledgeable forum members to "find out" and advise the rest of us

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neil E said:

I've never needed to do it but there is a seat reset procedure that supposed to restore the memory function. There's a similar one for the windows so it does make some sense.

Worth a try

That only bloody worked!

Got a beep when setting after that procedure.

Thank you that man!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Neil E said:

Worth a try

Similar to resetting the sunroof and windows...

• Like 2

I've had the seats out of the SC at least 4 times and I don't remember needing to reset them. Window reset on at least four of the cars, yes definitely. Perhaps because you have to run the seats back and fore to get to the bolts that takes care of it and I didn't realise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

What is different Piers ?

i.e., after a Battery disconnect, I've had to reset the sunroof and windows, by fully opening, holding, fully closing, holding etc.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links