Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I park my 2000 Silver Lexus Ls400 in the street outside my house.

The other day, as there was no space ,I parked a little further up the road under a Pear Tree.

For some reason this has been planted on the pavement and is now about 20 ft tall ,and is full of these smally crabby pears.

This year ,the local Parakeets have discovered it , and have crapped all over the car.

I did not get a chance to wash it the next day, but took it to the car was as soon as.

Crap all off but it has now etched these pink stains into the paint work.

I got some Tar and Bug Remover from Halfords with a Sponge with a Nylon face, and have tried to get it off to no avail.

Any Ideas chaps? ( Apart from Twelver Bore loaded with Bird Shot!)

You could try heating the area, perhaps with a hair drier. Sometimes the clear coat can repair itself and the etching slowly disappears.

Other than that I'd suggest a very mild cutting paste, something like Meg's Ultimate Polish.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moonraker58 said:

I park my 2000 Silver Lexus Ls400 in the street outside my house.

The other day, as there was no space ,I parked a little further up the road under a Pear Tree.

For some reason this has been planted on the pavement and is now about 20 ft tall ,and is full of these smally crabby pears.

This year ,the local Parakeets have discovered it , and have crapped all over the car.

I did not get a chance to wash it the next day, but took it to the car was as soon as.

Crap all off but it has now etched these pink stains into the paint work.

I got some Tar and Bug Remover from Halfords with a Sponge with a Nylon face, and have tried to get it off to no avail.

Any Ideas chaps? ( Apart from Twelver Bore loaded with Bird Shot!)

Hang old CD`s from the branches so that the flickering light emanating from them might disturb the settling birds. I found that old Des O`Conner ones work best.

As regards stains try vinegar,or lemon juice mixed with  water. And be very careful,but try a small amount of WD40 on a small indiscrete area of the paintwork.

Please keep us all updated with your findings Henry.

Edited by royoftherovers
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links