Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My GS300h has been fine until today when I've encountered strange behaviour with my driver's seat. Formerly a seat belt entry/removal or startbutton on/off moved my seat to drive or exit.

Now it doesn't without my having changed anything. I've checked the settings and it's not "off" or "partial".

I'm aware of the strange way computer settings are altered in the car such as pressing start twice without the brake pedal
and holding the key to set it to the seat memory so I wondered if the key in my pocket had been pressed as I switched off
the engine or as I opened the door.

I've set memory 2 to having the seat back so I can then switch off and exit easily so it's not too bad except I have to press 1 
every time for my driving/mirror etc position when I want to drive again.

Does anyone know a combination (e.g. boot lid - brake pedal - wing mirror - turn lever - headlight) which might have affect it
so I can reset to this useful function? I'd rather not pay Lexus a large sum for a simple remedy.

I DO wish they didn't have these secret resets. I found one to alter the number of turn flashes on YouTube (I haven't done it)

I know about moving the seat backwards/forwards/up/down/swing your partner round/do-si-do/allemande left but
I haven't tried that manoeuvre!!
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Kind regards to all.

• Like 1

All these settings are available using Techstream or Carista with proper OBD interfaces; it sounds strange that they have changed without a particular reason.

"All these settings are available using Techstream"
Please can you advise a purchase for Lexus OBD2 interface. There are so many - most from China and often incomplete.
I've had my fingers burned before with a Chrysler which was not full spec..
Presumably techstream is software for a PC.
Regards

Techstream is the official Toyota software and it works on PC under Windows, besides it needs a licence and cable interface, so if you don't like cracked software or are unfamiliar with Windows may be it's better using Carista, working with BT interface and android phone. You can choose many proper interfaces, the main difference is in speed for real time readings, while for parameters programmings this is not a critical feature.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links