Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Colours: Nori Green Pearl versus Khaki Green

Hi there,

I'm considering purchasing an RX450HL.

Does anyone know if the new Lexus colours 'Nori Green Pearl' (US) and 'Khaki Green' (EU) are one and the same?

Also, Remote vehicle start is available on US models (handy on cold mornings to heat up car), but not on European apparently.

Can this feature be activated or retrofitted?

Thanks,

James

On the colours, my mantra is always to go and view the cars at a dealership, it is often difficult to decide based on on-screen images.

regarding remote start, am not sure you can retrofit them even if you do, your insurance premium might go up as UK insurers might deem your car being prone to driveway theft with the addition of such technology.

Happy motoring.

• Like 3

Khaki Green! This was the colour of our webbing years ago in the British Army. in some areas. We used to treat it with and polish it with Blanco which came in several shades.  Can't believe Lexus would use this LOL.  It was also used on Army vehicles including motor cycles.https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Blanco,+for+khaki+webbing&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjPxOSh2YzrAhWMVBUIHV4rBvoQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1056&bih=454#imgrc=BqZ3O3PIUK9T-M

• Like 1

Looks a little darker from pic posted than I envisaged and if you like it fine, however, although perhaps not a consideration now, at some stage you will probably want to update it and how popular a colour is can affect it's value and ease of sale.  One other thought is that if driven in the country colours that tend to merge into backgrounds and are therefore less obvious, tend to be subject to more accident damage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jamesroc said:

Good points Barry thanks 👍

Damage to such "blending " colours occurs in all areas,not just countryside James.

Post Office, Ambulance, Fire Brigades, Police Officers etc, all drive vehicles in "non-blending colours. All except unmarked Police Cars that is !!

• Like 2

Looks nice but I would avoid it as I think it is a very 'niche' colour. Suspect being Pearlescent in that unusual shade it would be difficult to match if damaged (having said that so are quite a few Lexus colours). 

Interesting article on which colour cars have the highest accident rate https://www.victimslawyer.com/blog/which-color-car-gets-in-the-most-accidents/

Highest is

Black followed by

Grey or Silver then

Blue

Red and

Green 

Green vehicles are safer than other dangerous colors but still have a higher accident risk than the safest colors because of the inability of drivers to distinguish them from the surroundings.

Safest colours are

White, Yellow, Orange and Gold

2 minutes ago, Jamesroc said:

Interesting article on which colour cars have the highest accident rate https://www.victimslawyer.com/blog/which-color-car-gets-in-the-most-accidents/

Highest is

Black followed by

Grey or Silver then

Blue

Red and

Green 

Green vehicles are safer than other dangerous colors but still have a higher accident risk than the safest colors because of the inability of drivers to distinguish them from the surroundings.

Safest colours are

White, Yellow, Orange and Gold

James, it is difficult to argue with figures that have legitimacy and statistical validity,and I feel that UK studies show similar results.However in my opinion the statistics and the colours have no regard to the idiot behind the wheel?

A dark colour remains difficult to see in poor visibility when the driver fails to observe the requirements of the Highway Code and fails to switch on his/her lights.Until recently  DLR`s did not light up the rear of a vehicle.Many drivers were oblivious to this fact. Many drivers do not switch on lights in poor conditions , early in the morning or at dusk.Dipped headlights are required when driving in the rain, etc.

Volvo piloted studies years ago which LED them to fit day driving lights as standard on their vehicles, because a lit vehicle could be seen by an oncoming driver in a fraction of a second than would otherwise have been the case..

If all cars on the road were white you would still have roughly the same number of accidents as you would have the same number of idiots behind the wheel

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

James, it is difficult to argue with figures that have legitimacy and statistical validity,and I feel that UK studies show similar results.However in my opinion the statistics and the colours have no regard to the idiot behind the wheel?

A dark colour remains difficult to see in poor visibility when the driver fails to observe the requirements of the Highway Code and fails to switch on his/her lights.Until recently  DLR`s did not light up the rear of a vehicle.Many drivers were oblivious to this fact. Many drivers do not switch on lights in poor conditions , early in the morning or at dusk.Dipped headlights are required when driving in the rain, etc.

Volvo piloted studies years ago which led them to fit day driving lights as standard on their vehicles, because a lit vehicle could be seen by an oncoming driver in a fraction of a second than would otherwise have been the case..

If all cars on the road were white you would still have roughly the same number of accidents as you would have the same number of idiots behind the wheel

Yes my 1989 Volvo 240 and current 1996 940 has day running lights permanently on. A good idea. Also a bulb out warning system!

If you are going to be selling on, then as said, I would avoid green. 

James.

• Like 1

I have been prejudiced against dark blue ever since I was T boned by a driver who came straight out from a side road onto the main road I was on.  He said he didn't see my 4.75meter long Fiat 130 car of this colour https://www.classicitaliancarsforsale.com/1973-fiat-130-coupe-5/  I felt safer in the silver one I had  of the same model.

48 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks James, I was forgetting that we both had/ have a succession of Volvo`s.

I do however simply love British Racing Green !

Looks great on a Morris Minor or Rose white.

James.

30 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

I have been prejudiced against dark blue ever since I was T boned by a driver who came straight out from a side road onto the main road I was on.  He said he didn't see my 4.75meter long Fiat 130 car of this colour https://www.classicitaliancarsforsale.com/1973-fiat-130-coupe-5/  I felt safer in the silver one I had  of the same model.

A cracking car Barry.

Now had your lights been on he`d have had a fraction more time..............and perhaps, just perhaps braked in time.

You must have mortified, with the damage to such an impressive car.

58 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

A cracking car Barry.

Now had your lights been on he`d have had a fraction more time..............and perhaps, just perhaps braked in time.

You must have mortified, with the damage to such an impressive car.

You may have been right about driving with lights on.  Few drivers did so outside statutory lighting hours at the time.  The 130 coupe had a number of advanced features, was attractive for it's time and was commodious.  Unfortunately, there were so many faults and shortcomings, I broke both of mine for spares which were expensive and hard to come by.

Specific colours do seem to suit particular cars best in the view of most people so this and current fashion can influence what is available for those of us who buy only previously owned a few years on. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Is Rose White different to Old English White?

My first car was a Minor......................only available in Black however.

I'm probably getting mixed up. Probably should be English White. A relative has a Minor. He would know if there is also Rose white.

I am. Rose white not mentioned as a Minor colour.

https://www.morrisminor.org.uk/67-morris-minor-colour-schemes

James. 

• Like 1

What a vast colour choice offered with those Minors!  Mine was one of the mid to dark greens of 1958 and my 1st proper car.  It was so simple and easy to maintain but the acceleration was poor, particularly having come from some pretty quick motor cycles.

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

What a vast colour choice offered with those Minors!  Mine was one of the mid to dark greens of 1958 and my 1st proper car.  It was so simple and easy to maintain but the acceleration was poor, particularly having come from some pretty quick motor cycles.

Mine was 1948 vintage Barry with a split windscreen,3 speed box and a side valve engine. 0-60 in several minutes.The colour choice was Black or Black!

I liked all of the subsequent colours, but the Maroon impressed me the most.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links