Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone identify the name of this part please?

Hello again,

Just got an RX300 on the weekend (see my other thread 😞  )

Add insult to injury I have just noticed this on the rear passenger side 

It is just above the wheel inside the wheel arch, i think its the suspension or the shock absorber rubber cover. My 1st MOT is due next month so it looks like I will have to repair this in case it gets a fail on "ingress of dirt".

I am trying to find the part online to buy it and find someone to fit it but cant seem to find it.

Does anyone know what it is called so I can put the right search term to euro car parts?

Thanks!

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

Just wondering ...

Have you looked at the MOT history and if so, does it match the description as advertised?

Have you taken a screen shot of the ad., just in case?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PCM said:

Just wondering ...

Have you looked at the MOT history and if so, does it match the description as advertised?

Have you taken a screen shot of the ad., just in case?

Adam, what information do you have re the original advertisement ?

If none, ask Gumtree to give you a copy of the original advert as you feel strongly a fraudulent sale might have taken place.

Share what you have/ get, with us all please.

• Like 1

It is part of the complete strut mount, mine have been like that for years and it’s never been mentioned on an MOT.

If you want to replace it the part number is 48760-48040 Support Assy Rear Suspension LH. Priced at a mere £160.00 from Lexus dealers.

If I were you I would just buy a universal steering rack gaitor for a few pounds cut it top to bottom. fold it around the broken one and secure it with a couple of cable ties.

Bare in mind the strut will need to be removed to fit the original part. 

04B2AA8F-61BD-4D37-B4E2-1C1658744996.png

• Like 1

It's pretty inevitable that with age and flexing these will crack/perish.  I would go along with getting an appropriate gaiter and cut it lengthwise.  Make sure its clean and carefully join with good quality superglue having removed any powder.  Then apply cable ties.  It's amazing how well superglue can secure rubber.  I have seen this done on the drive shafts on some cars where there is grease.  Indeed some universal kits are supplied to be joined this way.  whether there is one suitable for the your Lexus would require some research.

Lexus appear to have used an inferior grade of rubber for these rear strut bellows. Both bellows on my 2007 RX400h acquired in early 2016 were split which obviously didn’t bother the MOT tester but did bother me!.  I bought two new support/bellows pattern units made by  Febest for less than £40 each from eBay and fitted them myself. It is possible to do the job without having to do the extensive interior boot trim removal detailed in the Lexus workshop method.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links