Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all.

I`ve a simple question. Can a print out of a lexus service history be obtained though a lexus main dealership, when the original service book/history has been lost.

Thanks guys.

I bought my Lexus 12 months ago,

12 hours ago, unclepoo said:

Hi all.

I`ve a simple question. Can a print out of a lexus service history be obtained though a lexus main dealership, when the original service book/history has been lost.

Thanks guys.

When I bought my Lexus 12 months ago, the previous owner had not supplied the service record, and Lexus Sheffield looked up the records and provided a (new) copy of the service book

I thought it would all be on file with lexus. It`s a rx450h that`s for sale very near to me and I`m interested, but only if it has been serviced by lexus and I can obtain a printout.

If their is a cost to this from lexus, that`s fair enough as I see it.

I might call into lexus in Leeds to ask about this.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, unclepoo said:

I thought it would all be on file with lexus. It`s a rx450h that`s for sale very near to me and I`m interested, but only if it has been serviced by lexus and I can obtain a printout.

If their is a cost to this from lexus, that`s fair enough as I see it.

I might call into lexus in Leeds to ask about this.

Thanks guys.

On my two visits to Lexus Leeds (although I eventually bought elsewhere) I found Chris Pattison Chris.Pattison@vantagemotorgroup.co.uk really helpful and 'Lexus patient'

(I think 'Lexus patient' should be an adjective!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Illogan said:

On my two visits to Lexus Leeds (although I eventually bought elsewhere) I found Chris Pattison Chris.Pattison@vantagemotorgroup.co.uk really helpful and 'Lexus patient'

(I think 'Lexus patient' should be an adjective!)

i`ve just looked his website Davey, so how was he really helpful to you ?

Answered all our questions, with as much detail as we wished - (which was, up to then, relatively uninformed, and reflected my desire to understand the good and less good aspects of an RX450), had the nous to recommend a secondhand car that would interest us, although it had not yet been part-exchanged, acted as a quiet liason betwixt me and his other customer, (I appreciate that Chris was hoping to sell not only a new car - but could have had a back-to-back customer for the incoming vehicle. (!)

As it developed, I eventually bought from Sheffield - informed Chris Pattison, who continued to be courteous (of course)

Just now, Illogan said:

Answered all our questions, with as much detail as we wished - (which was, up to then, relatively uninformed, and reflected my desire to understand the good and less good aspects of an RX450), had the nous to recommend a secondhand car that would interest us, although it had not yet been part-exchanged, acted as a quiet liason betwixt me and his other customer, (I appreciate that Chris was hoping to sell not only a new car - but could have had a back-to-back customer for the incoming vehicle. (!)

As it developed, I eventually bought from Sheffield - informed Chris Pattison, who continued to be courteous (of course)

Thanks Davey. That was indeed service above and beyond the call. 

His willingness to assist you has led to him receiving good press on this Forum.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Davey. That was indeed service above and beyond the call. 

His willingness to assist you has led to him receiving good press on this Forum.

Ah!    I wasn't aware of that fact.

(Mind you - I'm only just aware that I'm not necessarily aware of all the things that I should be aware of - - - as far as I'm aware!)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all you guys for the info.....and sorry for the delay in a response.

So, I went to look at the rx a few days ago. It`s advert said-- f-sport, 83000 mile, mint condition, no service history(lost),1 owner.

So I rang the seller on autotrader and met him.....

1st problem was that I was to meet him at the side of the road, not at the sellers home, but with covd the way it is ill let it go for now.

2nd problem was that the mileage was showing 85000, so he`s he`s using it and I suspect dealing cars from home.

3rd problem was the condition of the vehicle...not "mint" as decribed..not by a long way. Chips and scratches to the paint work, not clean and tidy interior, drivers seat was worn on the base, more than I`d expect for 85000 miles but could be cleaned up with black polish, but the back rest of the drivers seat had 2 small holes torn in it. So would need a professional repair.

4th problem was the front tyres were worn out.

So all in all, I couldn`t drive away from it fast enough.

Do all the best rx450h get bought up by lexus, because good used ones are hard to find.

22 minutes ago, unclepoo said:

So all in all, I couldn`t drive away from it fast enough.

Do all the best rx450h get bought up by lexus, because good used ones are hard to find.

You obviously did the right thing. Regards buying not from Lexus, the problem is that it is very very tough to sell a second hand car and achieve a good price. As a result most trade in through the dealer and I would think many RX customers stick with the car because they are so good. My son had a mint RX for sale a year ago and had it advertised through this site as well as Autotrader. It had full Lexus Service history and still under Lexus extended warranty, and low mileage. He had too many people trying to buy it cheaply, even from on here. In the end he stuck to his guns and got his price, but I doubt he would wish to repeat the process. Every person that viewed commented how clean it was in comparison with others they had seen , which supports your experience. I’m sure you will find what you want, but in the end good ones sell for good prices.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links