Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

So after picking up my new is250 the drive home was somewhat less than comfortable. On the drivers side, despite the seat being in excellent condition, the foam in the lower seat has definitely been crushed significantly over the last 14 years.

I know a great automotive upholsterer who will do the job, but for the life of me can't find the moulded foam to buy anywhere. Anyone have a lead on a place to buy the foam piece, not too fussed about the price, just want it sorted! 

Many thanks,

James

Try Amayama (they can be a little slow for delivery),

RH Seat cushion (SEAT-SMOOTH LEATHER) -  https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/7151153080

RH Seat cushion (SEAT-SEMIANILINE VENTILATED LEATHER) -  https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/7151153110

You can probably get the correct part number for your car from a dealer if you are not sure. 

Thanks for the help guys, through the amayama link I managed to find diagram that lists the foam part number (71501-53010 for anyone who needs it).

Unfortunately due to the complex nature of the foam piece (which includes more than foam because of the heated and ventilated element), no one wants to touch trying to recreate it.

Going to give the dealer a ring and see how much they charge, if it's not too ridiculous I'll get it locally.

• Like 1

Hi James, I have similar issue with the seat, I went to Lexus Glasgow and they quoted me for the seat foam £200 and £400 all in i.e seat foam and the labour.

What I am saying, try your local Lexus first, I have tried local seat upholsterer and just wasted £100, he tried to make the seat better but I still feel it is not right, well, I know that the passenger seat feels firmer and distribute my weight more equally.

3 minutes ago, Jmason57 said:

Thanks for the help guys, through the amayama link I managed to find diagram that lists the foam part number (71501-53010 for anyone who needs it).

Unfortunately due to the complex nature of the foam piece (which includes more than foam because of the heated and ventilated element), no one wants to touch trying to recreate it.

Going to give the dealer a ring and see how much they charge, if it's not too ridiculous I'll get it locally.

Let us know James how it goes. Good luck!

By the way, my seats are cooled and heated as well, so do not let Lexus guys scare you away or let them justify the high price they might ask! £400 for GS450h all in from Lexus Glasgow.

So the main dealer quoted 197 for the part so I've ordered it through them, will be with me within a couple of days! 

They wanted 330 for labor... The local upholsterers with a very good reputation have said they'll fit it for 80! So looks like I'll be 280 into it which quite honestly is nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice, will update the thread with some before and afters when it is done!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links