Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear windscreen Nozzle

Afternoon.

I've searched all the forums and I can't find something suitable to help me. 

Only one of the two holes in my rear windscreen nozzle are working so I'm assuming some kind of blockage.

Due to the rear spoiler it's impossible in the conventional sense to access this nozzle.

What do I need to take apart or dismantle to get to it? Do I need to remove the rear spoiler or do I go from the inside of the boot gate somehow? (Second-generation 400h)

2 minutes ago, Planner said:

Afternoon.

I've searched all the forums and I can't find something suitable to help me. 

Only one of the two holes in my rear windscreen nozzle are working so I'm assuming some kind of blockage.

Due to the rear spoiler it's impossible in the conventional sense to access this nozzle.

What do I need to take apart or dismantle to get to it? Do I need to remove the rear spoiler or do I go from the inside of the boot gate somehow? (Second-generation 400h)

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/113684-screen-washer-nozzle/

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

many thanks for the reply but this is referring to the front ones I think. 

My problem is with the rear one. You cannot even really see the back one without at orch, as is it hidden in a crevasse under the the spoiler. I can just about make out two holes in it though

16 minutes ago, Planner said:

My problem is with the rear one. You cannot even really see the back one without at orch, as is it hidden in a crevasse under the the spoiler. I can just about make out two holes in it though

See if any of these help Simon.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/424491-99-rx300-rear-window-washer-problem.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/249476-rear-wiper-no-wash-fluid-out-nozzle.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/257711-rear-windshield-washer-fluid.html

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

My problem is with the rear one. You cannot even see the back one, is it hidden in a crevasse under the the spoiler

many thanks for your efforts. I came across a couple of these threads myself but unfortunately it's issues with the previous generation that obviously has easy access to the nozzle.

I can *just* about see that the nozzle does appear to be clogged so if no one has any idea how to to.get proper access to it, I'm going to have to get some core sort of long curved sailing needle. What failing that spray the area with limescale remover or something.

22 minutes ago, Planner said:

many thanks for your efforts. I came across a couple of these threads myself but unfortunately it's issues with the previous generation that obviously has easy access to the nozzle.

I can *just* about see that the nozzle does appear to be clogged so if no one has any idea how to to.get proper access to it, I'm going to have to get some core sort of long curved sailing needle. What failing that spray the area with limescale remover or something.

OK Simon, thanks and good luck...Let us all know how you get on please.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 9:03 PM, royoftherovers said:

OK Simon, thanks and good luck...Let us all know how you get on please

Just a small update. I did what I thought best and got a long thin curved needle and just post the little hole a couple of times. Very fiddly and a very hard angle to try to get to. But it worked.

clearly the blockage wasn't significant and this method saved me having to spend hours and hours on something relatively trivial

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Planner said:

Just a small update. I did what I thought best and got a long thin curved needle and just post the little hole a couple of times. Very fiddly and a very hard angle to try to get to. But it worked.

clearly the blockage wasn't significant and this method saved me having to spend hours and hours on something relatively trivial

Good news Simon - - and appreciate the update.

Should my rear washer jet block at any time in the future - - I'll invite you round to clear it!    😁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links