Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally taken the plunge!

On 8/19/2020 at 7:03 PM, Northern isf said:

Me too but apart from the current issue and the water pump I've yet to see anything else crop up enough to call them issue's. 

It sounds like mine has had the water pump done in the past so that is good news! Just ordered a radiator to do that and I'll feel a lot better about avoiding potential future issues!

On 8/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Congrats on joining the club 😉 I am jealous of your classy BMW though, I am on the hunt for a classic and fancied an LS400 or an old BMW as they are the only cars I admire from zee German manufacturer!

Thanks, appreciate it! I may sound a bit biased but old BMW's are just great, they just feel built and designed around driving for enjoyment. The 2002 is a real dream car of mine and ive gone a bit daft on the specification/ modifications as I've built it but it's a great escape when you go out for a drive in it and totally worth it! 

On 8/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, Arth_Vader said:

Congrats on joining the isf club.  I love ours and it does everything we need.

we moved from a b8 rs4 and I can hardly remember it. 

6270EF7A-F4AA-4CBE-A9F9-8091ABB56E39.jpeg

Thanks, yours looks a great example! I'm a bit out of love with modern vag/ BMW cars so the ISF is a much welcome change! 

3 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Congratulations, I know that car very well and it’s previous owner Karl, you’ve bought a very very good example with H&S system and the fact that it’s NEVER been tracked or driven hard, obviously the odd blast BUT Karl would always wait until there was 3 bars on the oil temp.

Thanks and small world, thanks for reaching out! The showroom I got the car from sold it to Karl funnily enough and they tend to stock really nice examples. They also put me in touch with Karl, seems a great fella and I hope to keep the same regime going! I'm very OCD with oil temps as it is, it's not seen over 2k revs in my ownership until it's on 3 bars!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scott-o said:

It sounds like mine has had the water pump done in the past so that is good news! Just ordered a radiator to do that and I'll feel a lot better about avoiding potential future issues!

Thanks, appreciate it! I may sound a bit biased but old BMW's are just great, they just feel built and designed around driving for enjoyment. The 2002 is a real dream car of mine and ive gone a bit daft on the specification/ modifications as I've built it but it's a great escape when you go out for a drive in it and totally worth it! 

Thanks, yours looks a great example! I'm a bit out of love with modern vag/ BMW cars so the ISF is a much welcome change! 

Thanks and small world, thanks for reaching out! The showroom I got the car from sold it to Karl funnily enough and they tend to stock really nice examples. They also put me in touch with Karl, seems a great fella and I hope to keep the same regime going! I'm very OCD with oil temps as it is, it's not seen over 2k revs in my ownership until it's on 3 bars!

I had a telephone conversation with Karl just before he sold it back to them, I’ll be seeing him next month on my way through to the lakes, he now has a family and he had an ep3 track toy BUT as most know when kids come along all the goodies have to go 😂🤣......he’s still not replaced the car as he wants something as an all rounder (track and family) he didn’t want to wreck the F but couldn’t justify both cars......you’ve bought an excellent example and Westfield motors are far superior to Lexus, your history will be excellent 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Womble72 said:

I had a telephone conversation with Karl just before he sold it back to them, I’ll be seeing him next month on my way through to the lakes, he now has a family and he had an ep3 track toy BUT as most know when kids come along all the goodies have to go 😂🤣......he’s still not replaced the car as he wants something as an all rounder (track and family) he didn’t want to wreck the F but couldn’t justify both cars......you’ve bought an excellent example and Westfield motors are far superior to Lexus, your history will be excellent 👍🏻

Haha yes he said he had had a little one a good few weeks back, funnily enough our son is due next month, luckily I have a very understanding missus (much like Karl by the sounds of things!) The baby seat has just been fitted so I can bring him home in it then it'll all get moved into the other halves Volvo!

Currently the history is a mix of Lexus and Westfield Motors with one stamp from Quicksale Sports and Performance (where Silverwood get their cars taken care of) and I'm good friends with the guy who owns that so it will more than likely be maintained by them moving forward, starting off with an intermediate service/ radiator swap next month.

I hope I can keep it at least as long as Karl and maintain it to the same standard!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links