Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Conditioning System Cleaner

This product is getting fantastic reviews on our website at the moment, maybe it is because it is super hot and everyone is blasting the air con at the moment.

Just wondering if any of the Club Members have used the product and what your feedback is?

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-ux/lexus-ux-2018-present/lexus-ux-cooling-heating/lexus-air-conditioning-system-cleaner/

Annotation 2020-08-13 134715.png

• Like 2

Don't know about that one but I recently had mine serviced and they used "Kleen Air" by CarPlan which seems to have worked great. It's an antibacterial cleaner spray and left no odour at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

This product is getting fantastic reviews on our website at the moment, maybe it is because it is super hot and everyone is blasting the air con at the moment.

Just wondering if any of the Club Members have used the product and what your feedback is?

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-ux/lexus-ux-2018-present/lexus-ux-cooling-heating/lexus-air-conditioning-system-cleaner/

Annotation 2020-08-13 134715.png

I purchased this product a couple of months ago. Works wonders! I believe it kills the bacteria in the vents and that's what gives unpleasant odours in the car. 

You insert a tube into the vents, then spray until the foam comes out the vent. Simple to use and the odours have not returned 2 months later. Only negative was the slow delivery 

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My IS has started giving off a damp smell when I initially turn on the ignition with the air-con on. The smell disappears after 10 secs.

Is there any preventative tips or just needs regular top up the cleaner? - posted in the thread.

5 minutes ago, jay.pxl said:

My IS hasn’t started giving off a damp smell when I initially turn on the ignition with the air-con on. The smell disappears after 10 secs.

Is there any preventative tips or just needs regular top up the cleaner? - posted in the thread.

I used the cleaner about 2 years ago and  changed the pollen filter, no issues since then

• Like 2

Good to know, I'm booked in for a (5yr) service in October, think I'll hold out unless the odour gets worse.

2 hours ago, m4rkw said:

The system is supposed to be serviced and cleaned every 2 years but people rarely bother until something stops working.

• 2 months later...

I have my 5yr service with Lexus Hatfield next week and they are charging £175 for an Air Conditioning Decontamination Service (add-on).

Do you think I should skip this and try the cleaner mentioned in the thread first?

On 8/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, jay.pxl said:

My IS has started giving off a damp smell when I initially turn on the ignition with the air-con on. The smell disappears after 10 secs.

Seems that many Lexus workshops are trying their best to rob customers and try to throw us to another brand.

The car is great, but their service is stupidly expensive. Asked for new tyres and was quoted about 50% more than tyre centres were offering for same tyres.

• Like 2

As a PS., every year, whatever, the car, I change the pollen filter, use a stick-it-in-the footwell air-con cleaning aerosol, and check the air-con temperature.

Cost... about £15?  Satisfaction... priceless! 

• Thanks 2

Thanks all, I will definitely skip.

I'm bit of a dummy when it comes to DIY maintenance, are there any videos/instructions on how to replace the pollen filter on the IS300h or Lexus' in general?

Might get my brother-in-law to have a look he knows his way around Lexus' 😅

3 hours ago, PCM said:

As a PS., every year, whatever, the car, I change the pollen filter, use a stick-it-in-the footwell air-con cleaning aerosol, and check the air-con temperature.

Cost... about £15?  Satisfaction... priceless! 

2 minutes ago, jay.pxl said:

Thanks all, I will definitely skip.

I'm bit of a dummy when it comes to DIY maintenance, are there any videos/instructions on how to replace the pollen filter on the IS300h or Lexus' in general?

Might get my brother-in-law to have a look he knows his way around Lexus' 😅

This? ( no 'h' )

It will also 'say' in the Owner Manual.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links