Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

22 minutes ago, Steve Bug said:

HI there.I have recently bought a LS430 and the VSC light does not come on at any time.

Welcome Steve.

How did you come to be a Lexus owner and show us some nice piccies please.

Are you saying you are pleased the VSC light does not come on and have you checked to see if the bulb is there or maybe taken out to hide a fault ?

37 minutes ago, Steve Bug said:

I wouldn,t know how to check the bulb is there. The vsc off button i thought when pressed would show a light on the dash but it doesn,t

You should show VSC off when the button is pressed.  I would plug in a cheap scan tool to see if throws up any errors, it is possible its been disabled for a reason!  Did you buy from a dealer?

• Like 2

Is it possible to tape over the light which on the LS400 is reflected onto the screen from under the Dash panel moulding?  Would be a naughty thing to do but imagine someone will have tried it in the past to hide a fault. Or am I talking rubbish?  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Is it possible to tape over the light which on the LS400 is reflected onto the screen from under the Dash panel moulding?  Would be a naughty thing to do but imagine someone will have tried it in the past to hide a fault. Or am I talking rubbish?  

I bought a Fiat back in the day.

One of the warning lights, a 'common problem' though I can't remember which one, never gave me an issue.

I discovered later that, that had been taped over; tiny bit of black tape!

• Like 1

If you guys are referring to the TRC off light? -I've just gone to check it on mine and it comes on briefly during ignition on and goes off even if you don't start the engine - it does come on and stay on if you select TRC off from the switch - hope this helps

• Like 1

If it comes on when the key is turned then the light is ok, as at that point it's only testing the light. If it comes on then but not when the button is pressed then it may be an issue with the VSC system, switch or wiring.

• Like 1

184281d1283091662-boring-stability-contr

Since the Traction control is also switched off by the VSC Off switch, should be easy enough to test if it is working or not.
Try to do a burnout. If it spins up then it's disabled so push the switch once and then try again.
If it still does a burnout then the VSC and Traction Control is not working and you have a problem.
If it doesn't do a burnout then you just have a busted bulb/led for the VSC Off light.

I'd definitely recommend reading the OBD2 codes to see what shows up there.
Often it's disabled by the stupidest things like defective pre-heaters in the Lambda sensors.
Why Toyota chose to disable safety features just because the car might have slightly higher emissions until it warms up is beyond me!

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies. The VSC off light does not come on when you push the button so I dont know if it is on or off. Car seems to drive well so I hope there are no major problems. It has

done a lot of miles and maybe the bulb is gone. Not sure how you check.  

7 hours ago, Steve Bug said:

Thanks for your replies. The VSC off light does not come on when you push the button so I dont know if it is on or off. Car seems to drive well so I hope there are no major problems. It has

done a lot of miles and maybe the bulb is gone. Not sure how you check.  

Do what George suggests above, see if you can spin your rear wheels and then try again with the button pressed/depressed, it'll help determine if the system works.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links