Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus approved used car prep standards?

27 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Tick: Bradford 1. Sheffield 1. Stoke 1. Stockport 1. 

Zero: Listers 

You are confusing me Jeff old son.

I was listing franchises and you are listing Dealerships.

Bradford and Stockport are part of RRG, Sheffield is part of Montys and Stoke is part of Pinkstones.

You carry on listing the Dealerships,I`m off to bed ! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Can't really fault Sheffield, though like most their focus is on newer Lexus. Monty's are a Sheffield institution. They sold Toyotas for years before Lexus even existed.

Thanks for saying that Richie. It is looking like the small franchisees are going to knock spots off the the bigger ones.

If our members can help each other to recognise/distinguish  one from the other , then it could be win/win.

A win for the Members and a win for the "Sprats"

i collected my car today from lexus sheffield everything was done

and the car was ready for me to come home in,

the handover wasnt anything special as it took place in the glass sales pod

but it was friendly and relaxed just as it should be, i know its early to be talking

about another car but i wouldn't hesitate to contact them and buy another off

them in the future.

well done lexus sheffield

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 6:15 PM, sanjb said:

Sorry to hear that.

I am having same issues with Lexus Cheltenham (Listers Group) with the condition of my car when i received it. When i went to purchase it , it had marks and scratches everywhere and the bumper protector was hanging off. They marked the cars faults with white wax and said they will all be sorted by collection to Lexus standards. So bought it and transfered money.. Collection day was when the lockdown started 23rd. So a 2hr train journey took took 4.5hrs. When i got there i nearly cried the car hadn't been even washed properly.

Everywhere the white marks where , they're was light scratches. The top of the bumper now had 2 chips on each side where they removed the protector. I took a video and sent it to my detailer who just by video said about £500-600 to repair the damage they had done. I had to wait 1hr for them to clean it (which i should have got a supermarket car wash to do)

I said this to the sales man who spoke to his manager and said literally "we will not be spending any more time on this and are happy to cancel the sale as others are interested.

I had no way home really and due to my last one being stolen my heart said ill take it as it was an upgrade to my last one.

I have twice claimed on insurance for the repairs to the bumper. I sent them an official report from my detailer ref paint thickness etc. Everywhere the marked and worked on had degradation. I sent an email to ask for them to at least pay for the paint correction as they caused the damage. Thank god i took a video of damage with white marks on and proves what i said (don't think they know i got the video).

The reply "He explained that the car had been prepared to an acceptable standard for its age and mileage and that we would not be carrying out any further work on the car." 

The difference in standards is unbelievable when i got the first one from Croydon i could eat my food off any part of it, Listers Cheltenham i don't think so

I will now go to head office with this as have no other solution really.

I love my 2nd Lexus it's now the car i wanted!!!  minus ceramic coating (for now) next month hopefully.

New sound system and rear spoiler just waiting until i can use my number plate again and voila!!!!

Update  Wrote to Lexus Uk on a thursday got a call on saturday from Lexus Cheltenham basically saying they would never send a car out like that so calling me a liar.(thankfully i got pictures before and after). The way he talked to me make me feel angry. Lexus uk say they cannot help me as Listers is a franchise but advised if not happy go to Motorombudsman. Wrote to them already, waiting for reply. Stay away from Cheltenham very rude i thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, sanjb said:

Update  Wrote to Lexus Uk on a thursday got a call on saturday from Lexus Cheltenham basically saying they would never send a car out like that so calling me a liar.(thankfully i got pictures before and after). The way he talked to me make me feel angry. Lexus uk say they cannot help me as Listers is a franchise but advised if not happy go to Motorombudsman. Wrote to them already, waiting for reply. Stay away from Cheltenham very rude i thought.

Thanks for the update Sanj. Lexus Cheltenham are not winning any accolades at the moment.

51 minutes ago, sanjb said:

Sanjb, your next Port of Call should have been with the Managing Director of Lister Group.

Write (email) him explaining your concerns and include the photos you took to support your arguments. Tell him of your dissatisfaction with the Cheltenham Branch and what you want him to do about it.

Inform him that as matters currently stand that you expect that your colleagues on the Lexus Forum will be wary of using any of the Lexus outlets that you are aware of being within the Lister Group (Coventry, Cheltenham and Lincoln) unless standards of customer service are raised to the level of the best franchises within the Lexus Organisation of franchises.

Do let us all know how you get on.

• Like 2

Interesting topic. For pure interest I occasionally (don’t tell the wife - every night!) look at Autotrader at various makes of cars. I was interested in the running costs of a Toyota Auris Hybrid estate. 

Saw one at  Motorline Canterbury - AutoTrader described the price as good at £12,995. Look at photo 18 

Toyota  Approved Statement says “ Every vehicle ........... is presented in the best possible condition”

Approved means whatever they deem they can get away with. I would just walk away if a main dealer presented a car that had not been prepared properly.

Even older Lexus cars, you are talking a lot of money for some people.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Interesting topic. For pure interest I occasionally (don’t tell the wife - every night!) look at Autotrader at various makes of cars. I was interested in the running costs of a Toyota Auris Hybrid estate. 

Saw one at  Motorline Canterbury...................................

Motorline. You need go no further than that - I certainly wouldn't buy a car from them again......

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Motorline. You need go no further than that - I certainly wouldn't buy a car from them again......

Indeed!

Bristol, Cardiff, Tunbridge Wells, Canterbury, Gatwick and Maidstone.

Cardiff sorted the issues with preparation condition after much pressure but it shouldn't have occured in the first place.

1 hour ago, matt8 said:

Indeed!

Bristol, Cardiff, Tunbridge Wells, Canterbury, Gatwick and Maidstone.

Cardiff sorted the issues with preparation condition after much pressure but it shouldn't have occured in the first place.

Motorline have had bad press for a while now. As well as those mentioned,one should add 

Heathrow and Cardiff, as being part of the Motorline Group.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Sanjb, your next Port of Call should have been with the Managing Director of Lister Group.

Write (email) him explaining your concerns and include the photos you took to support your arguments. Tell him of your dissatisfaction with the Cheltenham Branch and what you want him to do about it.

Inform him that as matters currently stand that you expect that your colleagues on the Lexus Forum will be wary of using any of the Lexus outlets that you are aware of being within the Lister Group (Coventry, Cheltenham and Lincoln) unless standards of customer service are raised to the level of the best franchises within the Lexus Organisation of franchises.

Do let us all know how you get on.

Thanks Roy trying to get a direct email but just going to Listers customer care for now.

17 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Has anyone used Resolver for complaints (for anything) ?

Not used it as I've had no issues recently, but I've heard it is very good and is very effective.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I have and it was of no use to me whatsoever.

That does not mean that it won`t help you. Everbody`s circumstances are different.

Yes, I did find quite a few negative reviews.

• 1 month later...

Hi all just an update Lister's Head office said they wouldn't be taking any further action and then Lexus UK said they couldn't help. So now gone to Te MotorOmbudsman who said they think they could help reach an agreement but will take quite a while due to Covid. Not holding breath but will keep trying only due to Listers Cheltenham implying i was lying.

Love my car though.

Keep safe everyone.

1 hour ago, sanjb said:

Hi all just an update Lister's Head office said they wouldn't be taking any further action and then Lexus UK said they couldn't help. So now gone to Te MotorOmbudsman who said they think they could help reach an agreement but will take quite a while due to Covid. Not holding breath but will keep trying only due to Listers Cheltenham implying i was lying.

Love my car though.

Keep safe everyone.

Sanjib, I gave you advice on 11 September. Did you follow any of it ?

13 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Sanjib, I gave you advice on 11 September. Did you follow any of it ?

Yes I did and thank you tried all avenues. Lexus GB advised THE MOTOROMBUDSMAN. As listers are signed up to them if they agree with me Listers have to abide by the ruling I was told. TMO have said they can help me . Just got to be patient. Seems like Listers head office didn’t care really as well.

thanks all for advise. Keep safe

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sanjb said:

Yes I did and thank you tried all avenues. Lexus GB advised THE MOTOROMBUDSMAN. As listers are signed up to them if they agree with me Listers have to abide by the ruling I was told. TMO have said they can help me . Just got to be patient. Seems like Listers head office didn’t care really as well.

thanks all for advise. Keep safe

Many thanks for the update Sanjib. Keep us all advised please.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links