Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polishing is200 paintwork

Louie

Hi All

so I have purchased a 2003 Black se and am about to attempt cleaning up the marks, scratches and general fullness of the bodywork. Generally the car is very good for its age but I would like to preserve it and perhaps uplift it a bit. What I would like to learn from you before I make purchases.... best products for an ageing fella who would just like a shiny Lexus 

Thank you ‘ Vlady ‘ 

I have been doing some research and tried to find independent and unbiased advice on polish or wax, as most reports I read are affiliated and therefore simply recommending whoever pays them. 
Having said that it Does seem as you mentioned Meguairs, that lots of top-10 lists feature this product and as luck would have it amazon have it on offer ! So I will try it and report back later.

My experience on researching products is that eventually the more you read the more confusing it becomes and in the end it just becomes all about opinions, so my thought process was to seek advice from someone who has used a product on a black Lexus.... I also have to understand this is a 2003 motor and as such my expectations must be realistic.

One other question?                  Has anyone had experience Of a water leak coming into the side-well in the boot ?

I cannot see where the weather gets in !   It is specifically the R/h side of the boot, I have removed the rubber seal temporarily but curious if anyone else has experience of this with their Is200 ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm uploading a series of videos on this within the next month.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngPT2nnenUOFOhmZl7CJVw?

This will include:

1st video - bonnet chips (uploading in a few days)

2nd video - deep key scratch (temp fix until respray)

3rd video - clouding of the clear coat (which was horrendous on one of my doors)

4th video - de-badging (which may not be applicable to you)

5th video - using Meguiar's black trim restorer on external plastics and rubbers

6th video - headlight restoration to drastically reduce clouding (amazing results and so simple)

I'll report everything I did including all products used.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links