Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for a Lexus GS F for sale. (Badly in love)

Does anyone know why the above ‘GSF Wanted’ thread has been removed ? 

I spent a long time looking for ours. Back in 2017 when I first started looking, there seemed to always be a couple on AT and the Lexus used site. Nowadays they only ever pop up every now and then. You really need to keep an eye out on a daily basis as they don’t tend to hang around for long. I purchased ours before the photos were added to the advert on the Lexus used site, and I was in contact with the dealer before they had the car in their possession. The only issues was that they knew I was keen, so wouldn’t move on the price 🤦🏽‍♂️. They mentioned that they had a list of people interested, which I didn’t really believe, but you never know, given the market / availability over the past year. 

Good luck with the search. You won’t regret it. 
6AB0463F-2EBB-43EC-879F-34FE12B0CAAB.thumb.jpeg.8d591895c4df3d802988b227c84d8f53.jpeg

I did wonder, but it does state in the Forum Rules you shouldn't advertise cars for sale so I guess that even though us F owners are few and far between we must abide by the rules. 

Seems daft to me but hey ho, interesting posts of the past few months just disappear.

11 hours ago, gb1600e said:

When I dared to discuss I was thinking of selling my ISF I got a very rude PM from a very ignorant moderator after he had already  removed my post. OK it's my responsibility to have understood the rules better but I didnt need insulting by the moderator for my transgression. Very unbecoming of the Lexus brand and the politeness and respect shown by everyone on here who post. 

Hope your having a better day today Mr Moderator if you read this. 

The rules relaxed around 18 months ago to allow anyone (rather than just gold members) to sell their vehicle. But it needs to be done on the Lexus cars for sale forum and using the specified template.

There is also a wanted forum too but normally wanted posted within the individual model forums are allowed. No idea why the thread above was removed.

On 8/18/2020 at 11:28 AM, thomasgarnerfilms said:

Looking for a Lexus GS F for sale. Anyone found any? So so rare to come across. Been contemplating it over a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio. Something special about the Lexus 5.0 and legendary reliability.

IQFAXF88QUqMmeWrCaLvZQ.jpeg

I've sent you a PM.

Mike

So, interesting that there have been two different people posting recently complaining that they can't find a GS F for sale, but when one appears on the for sale board it all goes quiet.....

Mike

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, V10Mike said:

So, interesting that there have been two different people posting recently complaining that they can't find a GS F for sale, but when one appears on the for sale board it all goes quiet.....

Mike

Because in life there are two kinds of people, those who, "would like" and those who "will have".

13 minutes ago, Fair and square said:

Because in life there are two kinds of people, those who, "would like" and those who "will have".

That's hardly fair though is it?

There's also those who want to HP / PCP

Which on a 38k list is going to be a large chunk of the potential buyers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arnett said:

That's hardly fair though is it?

Which on a 38k list is going to be a large chunk of the potential buyers. 

I think that you have joined the party quite late Arnett and are not in light of the full "facts" to both my comment and also V10Mikes, this is why you may believe it to be unfair.

Recently there have been posts where members (old and new) have come along and posted there "want" (like, that all it is, like) for a GSF, a number of members (including myself) have then engaged in extensive, emails, phone calls, sharing of photos, viewings, some even experiencing test pilots etc, to then get the feedback "it is to expensive mate", well, the price was advertised from the offset, so why engage in all these queries in the first place.

A topic got going last week where a number of members expressed interests in other members cars, many members went to great lengths to go into detail into their GSF and then the thread got removed (my understanding been because it become an advertising thread) V10Mike then posted, correctly, in the classifieds and suddenly, all goes quiet - I think that his comment is quite fair and my follow up, simply fact.

To add feedback to your comment of financing, well if people want HP / PCP / Loan / Help to buy / eat out to help out / or whatever you want to call it, then they need to be going to the dealers and expressing their "needs". As private owners/sellers we can't accomodate any of the above if that is what the issue is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arnett said:

I wouldn't be in a GSF without financing, so I would be inclined to agree, but dealers usually (take with a smidge of salt) are the ones with more flex on deals relating to finance, so the above comment is correct that private sales are going to be slower as not everyone has the money upfront (myself included). One big game 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fair and square said:

To add feedback to your comment of financing, well if people want HP / PCP / Loan / Help to buy / eat out to help out / or whatever you want to call it, then they need to be going to the dealers and expressing their "needs". As private owners/sellers we can't accomodate any of the above if that is what the issue is.

It depends on the price point and I notice you have been personally bigging up F prices on here. 

There's a reason people go to dealers. It could be all about the monthlies plus the ability to VT the car if necessary and also any finance incentives. A private seller cant do this so most £30k plus cars on here get chopped in or sold to dealers. That's just how it is. The majority buy on finance and as a private seller most accept it.

I'm a cash buyer but would rather pay a dealer more than buy from you for example unless you were a long standing member of the forum with a proven track record. I'm not seeing massive differences between private and dealer sale prices and I know what I would do at £30K plus with all the protection dealers offer.   

• Like 1

On a side note I did post a thread about a gsf being  wanted and for some reason it was deleted 

anyway one has been found, price has been agreed , and subject to inspection, we will have a new gsf memeber 🙂 

• Like 1

Haha oops .. I imagine after all the comments about the will have and will want etc will generate enough memable content 

anyway I appreciate the member feedback regarding their cars just a shame a deal couldn’t be struck on theirs 

I’ve only posted three threads on here

1 rcf wanted - rcf bought 

2 rcf exhaust wanted - rcf exhaust bought 

3 gsf wanted - hopefully gsf bought too 

main thing is we all have cars which are desirable to some, but actually not to most . They may or may not be worth a bit . End of the day they are a dying breed and I will enjoy mine for as long as it brings me a sense of occasion which it still does. The only caveat is a good lc500 but that’s another story for another day. 

i hope the OP finds theirs too 😉 

Thanks for all the messages guys but I have been offered a great PCP deal on the Giulia Quadrifoglio so might be joining the dark side, I am doing my finance through a private broker so private sales wasn't an issue like most. The GS F still has a place in my heart and is truly unique in today's market, certainly more interesting then todays offerings that lose the 'drivers car' aspect and more on tech.

56 minutes ago, doog442 said:

It depends on the price point and I notice you have been personally bigging up F prices on here.

Bigging or advising?

My replies in reference to pricing on both GSF and RCF threads have contained fact - my content and advice purely based off previous and current sale prices both from the trader and Lexus approved. Just to clear that one up.

9 minutes ago, thomasgarnerfilms said:

Thanks for all the messages guys but I have been offered a great PCP deal on the Giulia Quadrifoglio so might be joining the dark side, I am doing my finance through a private broker so private sales wasn't an issue like most. The GS F still has a place in my heart and is truly unique in today's market, certainly more interesting then todays offerings that lose the 'drivers car' aspect and more on tech.

Enjoy the car Thomas, that bi turbo feel is fantastic in these and as the old saying goes, "in one mans lifetime, he must own an Alfa".

1 hour ago, doog442 said:

I'm not seeing massive differences between private and dealer sale prices and I know what I would do at £30K plus with all the protection dealers offer.   

That may be true if such a thing existed at a Lexus dealer but currently there are zero for sale.

Great stuff 

ironically I had put a deposit down on a quad before my rcf 

unfortunately it failed mechanical inspection as rats had been nibbling at the wiring while it had been garage stored and it made me a bit nervous so I withdrew ... it was a dealer sale 

it’s an awesome car and you will love it the steering is so quick it’s go kart like after the rcf 

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

That may be true if such a thing existed at a Lexus dealer but currently there are zero for sale.

Yep, GSF's are as rare as rocking horse poo but I did mention F prices as a whole and the reason people struggle to move £30k plus cars privately. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links