Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300 2001 ABS pump connector

Magners

IMG_20200818_113653.thumb.jpg.5418beb4132463adc5efe787edfccaf9.jpgThe abs pump went on my GS300 2001. I managed to get a 2004 second hand replacement off eBay. My mechanic fitted it with only one problem, the newer ipump connector is a male three pin straight line and the existing electrical s connector is a female three socket triangle. Does an adapter exist to join the two or does anyone have a suggestion please? 

IMG_20200818_113734.jpg

IMG_20200818_113155.jpg

IMG_20200818_131719.jpg

IMG_20200818_134533.jpg

You'll need the wiring diagrams and pinout diagrams for both existing and replacement pumps and connectors, so that you can make sure that the correct wire goes to the correct pin. For example, if the existing unit has a red wire on Pin 1, a yellow wire on Pin 2 and a blue wire on Pin 3, you need to keep that sequence.

Once you know which wires go to which pins, simply cut the old connector off the wiring loom and fit a connector that matches its mate on the replacement pump; note that you may have to extend the wires a bit.

Having said all that, are you really sure that the internal connections of the replacement pump are the same as the old pump? In other words, if we say, for instance, that the old pump was expecting to see 12V on Pin 2, is the replacement the same and also expecting to see 12V on Pin 2? The fact that it's meant for a newer model year than your car may just throw you a curve ball. It may not of course, but you have to be aware of these things.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links