Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 400H 2006 buying advice - slight centre console and window issue

Hello again, 

So I have decided to part ways with my RX300 which I have owned for a mere 2 weeks to get a 400h. 
I thought I’ll actually seek advice this time rather than buy blindly. 

Looking to keep as primary family car for at least 2 years without losing too much on depreciation 

I have found one (from a private genuine seller) which has done 150k miles and 2006. Full service history with Lexus though. 
is there anything in particular that I should double check with these? The things that were wrong which I noticed:

1)

centre console open and close button , the one that kind of electrically opens the armrest storage bit, the buttons were jamming and stuck. 

2)

the window switch on the drivers door for the front passenger window doesn’t work. The front passenger window switch on the passengers door does work and windows open and close. 

any ideas about the ease of the fixes for the issues above and other things I should double check?

Is the mileage too high?

thanks again!

Personally... I would stay with your RX and enjoy it through the Winter at least.

( To me, 150k is a lot. Others will say not. )

What sort of mileage would you be putting on car in next 2 years and apart from accepting depreciation due to age and mileage, would you be able to fund repairs and wear and tear, the cost of which is rather unquantifyable?  The present issues don't seem to be major. Breakers could be useful at some stage as Lexus parts are expensive, particularly so when compared with the value of an old car. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PCM said:

Personally... I would stay with your RX and enjoy it through the Winter at least.

( To me, 150k is a lot. Others will say not. )

I think I will do just that, i calculated if I sell my car and buy an rx400 I’ll end up paying an extra £1500 ish. I just thought paying that would be worth it but I doubt I’ll make the savings with the mpg. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

What sort of mileage would you be putting on car in next 2 years and apart from accepting depreciation due to age and mileage, would you be able to fund repairs and wear and tear, the cost of which is rather unquantifyable?  The present issues don't seem to be major. Breakers could be useful at some stage as Lexus parts are expensive, particularly so when compared with the value of an old car. 

Probably around 10k a year. 
Yes I would have to account for that too, good thing about it is that the timing belt was changed 

• 1 month later...