Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accidental boot opening

Every car I've ever had with remote locking has needed a short 'blip' to unlock the doors but a long press to unlock or open the boot - are you saying that the RC doesn't work this way?

One must press and hold to unlock the boot, the length of the hold can be set to long or short, it's a dealer customisation. One can also have the function set to a double press or disabled completely, all dealer only settings.

Should be detailed in the owner's handbook under Customisation

• 1 month later...

I have just experienced this, and the car was parked up for the weekend resulting in a flat 12v Battery. The light in the boot drained the Battery, resulting in me having to use the wife's car for work(Mazda 2, horrible little car) and having to charge the Battery up again(in the pi__ing rain, Scottish weather for you).
Won't make that mistake again. lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links