Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot opening problem

cdmaskell

The boot lid used to open quickly and fully, now it’s sluggish and has a mind of its own by only partially opening. Looking at the mechanism am I correct in saying the the gas strut is for opening and the torsion rods are for damper affect when closing. Also I cannot open boot from key fob, I’ve tried both keys. Most probably gas strut problem but Lexus want it for a whole day to diagnose the fault then order the parts. It seems very long winded considering I’ve been a Motor engineer for 50+ years. 

Also any advice on purchasing a space saver wheel?

Thanks.

Many thanks Nemesis - found button, reset and key fob now okay. Not sure why that happened as I haven’t been in glove box recently.

Have now booked car in at Lexus to sort out sluggish boot opening action. 

I had a similar problem with my 2019 ES some months ago, and booked it in to Lexus Leicester.

They sorted it by increasing the tension on the torsion bars I believe, but it took them several hours. It's been much better since.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

This is my first post!

I get my new ES on Monday morning, the 14th! 

I've already ordered a space saver wheel from Ultimate Wheels. The alloy wheel & tyre, jack, reflective vest etc, delivered for £225.

Good luck

RJD