Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Here we go again, new shocks take two!  The usual amazing service from FedEx, four days from shipping to delivery.  The new ones are KYB which is the make of the original air shocks. I fitted the rears today, the fronts, weather permitting, will be done tomorrow.   Then it's a case of was it worth it!

IMG_20200821_114022842_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200821_114316846_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cruisermark said:

wow - you don't hang around phil! (including spending money)

I look forward to your write up

I'm becoming an expert in removing the rear seat, I've got it down to ten minutes!  

• Like 3

All fitted, only one minor knuckle scrape.  I was a bit nervous at first in case it had been a wasted effort but I'm really pleased with the result. The ride is excellent, no difference in feel to air, no warning light (40 amp fuse removed) and no more concerns about air suspension, I should have done this in the first place.  I'll get the alignment checked on Monday just in case.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

Nice one, I wish I had the time, the space and the skills to do such things.

I've only got my drive to work on, our garage is from an era when cars were four feet wide!  

4 minutes ago, skyway said:

Well done Phil and welcome to coil club 😁

I remember being in your Celsior on your test drive and the ride felt really good.  I've read some bad stories of owners converting to coils with terrible results, so I'm glad to be able to report it doesn't have to be the case!  

I think a lot of coils are made for the younger market where they want to slam the cars and ruin the cars camber,,,, I guess it attracts the ladies but what do I know I am old

13 minutes ago, skyway said:

I think a lot of coils are made for the younger market where they want to slam the cars and ruin the cars camber,,,, I guess it attracts the ladies but what do I know I am old

You're just a boy compared to me!

• Like 1

I've got coilovers too yesterday.

Any tips about removing back seat are welcome 🙂

Is it easy to do the conversion? What to do for the air parts(compressor etc)?

Can I change them one axle at a time and drive it between the changes? For example change front tomorrow and the rear the day after. As I have to drive to work daily.

shocks1.jpg

shocks2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, Micco said:

I've got coilovers too yesterday.

Any tips about removing back seat are welcome 🙂

Is it easy to do the conversion? What to do for the air parts(compressor etc)?

Can I change them one axle at a time and drive it between the changes? For example change front tomorrow and the rear the day after. As I have to drive to work daily.

shocks1.jpg

shocks2.jpg

My apologies, I've only just seen this.  Have you fitted them yet?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The-Acre said:

My apologies, I've only just seen this.  Have you fitted them yet?

No problem. Yes, I have fitted the coilovers.

Feels like driving with sport mode. Not too hard with softest selection.

P_20200828_192530_p.jpg

P_20200828_192643_p.jpg

P_20200828_192754_vHDR_On_p.jpg

• Like 1

Well done, and my apologies again for not replying.  Did you remove the airlines or cut them?  My car sits a little higher than with the original shocks, about the hight it would have sat with the height setting on high but it feels just as good or possibly better than air. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skyway said:

Just a thought... if you want a softer ride....try 17's.

I did and noticed the difference straight away. (or maybe i felt what I wanted to feel)

There's a lot to be said for keeping the factory wheel size, my Celsior has 17" whereas the UK spec facelift has 18's which I don't really understand. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say after 6 weeks or so I'm really pleased with the result, the ride really feels like my LS400 did which was great.  Cornering is fine and so is high speed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links