Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Expensive MOT

Well, that MOT yesterday has turned out to be expensive.

It was booked in at RMB Lexus at Teesside for the MOT and Hybrid check.

I made the mistake of having a look around their cars while I was waiting.

One they had was a 2017 RX450h Luxury Premium Nav, one owner with slightly high mileage at 50,000...in black with grey interior.

Just had a test drive a couple of hours ago .. lots I liked, one thing I prefer on my series 3 rather than the 4 is the mirrors .. not a fan of the shaped mirrors at the outside.

... but .. that MOT has now cost me the price of a newer RX450h.. pick it up this Thursday evening (fingers crossed)

One question.. my 2011 is now sat at 99,924 miles and will be around 99,950 miles on Thursday unless I use it before then... do I dive a few miles to see it go over the 100,000 or do I hand it over just under?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, flookyk said:

Well, that MOT yesterday has turned out to be expensive.

It was booked in at RMB Lexus at Teesside for the MOT and Hybrid check.

I made the mistake of having a look around their cars while I was waiting.

One they had was a 2017 RX450h Luxury Premium Nav, one owner with slightly high mileage at 50,000...in black with grey interior.

Just had a test drive a couple of hours ago .. lots I liked, one thing I prefer on my series 3 rather than the 4 is the mirrors .. not a fan of the shaped mirrors at the outside.

... but .. that MOT has now cost me the price of a newer RX450h.. pick it up this Thursday evening (fingers crossed)

One question.. my 2011 is now sat at 99,924 miles and will be around 99,950 miles on Thursday unless I use it before then... do I dive a few miles to see it go over the 100,000 or do I hand it over just under?

Keith, - I feel for you. This is an important responsibiity to take on and more particularly when one is embroiled in the shock of an MOT.

I trust that you have the support and care of those nearest and dearest to you, and that they also understand the undoubted shockwaves to your emotional substructure.

Tread carefully (clearly I mean drive carefully!) for this impending new relationship may take time to develop and flourish, you'll need to lear each others' likes, dislikes, foibles

and fantasies. Learn the best way to caress her, be gentle, love affairs aren't born overnight, but I hope you both have a wonderful and lasting relationship

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Illogan said:

Keith, - I feel for you. This is an important responsibiity to take on and more particularly when one is embroiled in the shock of an MOT.

I trust that you have the support and care of those nearest and dearest to you, and that they also understand the undoubted shockwaves to your emotional substructure.

Tread carefully (clearly I mean drive carefully!) for this impending new relationship may take time to develop and flourish, you'll need to lear each others' likes, dislikes, foibles

and fantasies. Learn the best way to caress her, be gentle, love affairs aren't born overnight, but I hope you both have a wonderful and lasting relationship

Now .. that has got me thinking.. will I have hurt the feelings of my current car?

I mean it was not long ..long relationship.. just under three year .. now trading her in for a newer model with a more youthful body??🤔😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links