Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Number Plates!

maria

I have been left with the task of selling my mates Toyota double cab pick up which is an Import from Japan because he has gone back to New Zealand.

Any how to cut a long story short I needed to get some number plates made, the vehicle is registered and legal all but the plates, so I called up my local parts place and asked them to make me the plates, I was advised I would need the V5 and proof of ID.

V5 registered in my mates name at my address, so how can I get his ID, I said, I was advised to bring in tax disc and mot which proves vehicle is registered and they would make them.

Well I drove to the shop and the owner went mad, told me he could not do it and was not going to prison for it, which is fair enough. He said I should not of been told that and that he would talk to his member of staff.

I can understand the reason behind the dvla wanting to make sure that no illegal plates are made but, surely the next crime is going to be steeling plates from cars and using them in what ever activities these people get up to now a days.

i think fancy plates make them up without any proofs

i am sure that the people who have cause to use dodgy plates, have all seized doing any thing illegal, as they cant get hold of plates now.............NOT!!

goverment must be off their heads, they have just made things harder for us law abiding folks :angry:

next step will be to stop selling rizlas ....that will stop all the drug dealers :offtopic:

If fancyplates are making plates up woithout proof of ownership then THEY are breaking the law......plate makers now have to be registerd.

they keep the record of your credit card details

with name and address

so you would be traceable :ph34r:

they keep the record of your credit card details

with name and address

so you would be traceable

I guess that assuming that you are the legal owner of the credit card and have not cloned it or given a false delivery address.

I dont think Fancyplates are breaking the law because they state that they are for off road use, therefore they are not supplying no plates but bits of plactic with numbers on!!!!!!

Which then suggests that you are breaking the law by buying something you know to be illegal for road use.....which we've all done at some stage :winky:

Does anybody know if these are checked on the M.O.T as plates now have to have the registered plate makers name on them.

Which then suggests that you are breaking the law by buying something you know to be illegal for road use.....which we've all done at some stage :winky:

Does anybody know if these are checked on the M.O.T as plates now have to have the registered plate makers name on them.

which measn the onus is onthe purchaser of the 'off road' plates to use them as such.. you dont see B&Q asking to see proof of use of a hammer,, in case its used in an assault.

my last plates went through an mot fine,, ive even driven past loads of coppers and no problems..

Guest mark_tsang
i think fancy plates make them up without any proofs

i am sure that the people who have cause to use dodgy plates, have all seized doing any thing illegal, as they cant get hold of plates now.............NOT!!

goverment must be off their heads, they have just made things harder for us law abiding folks :angry:

next step will be to stop selling rizlas ....that will stop all the drug dealers :offtopic:

u need a V5 proof for lot of things now like if u order a key cut from mazda, not sure about other car dealers. people still get away without V5 if u kno people/friends in the trade so people 'illegally' buying stuff is stil common

yeah you can get round the plate if you car is not brand new, but saying it was made before the law change. However I doubt many places check anyway!

Regarding the holding of c/c details etc, this is against the law unless you are going to use the details for repeat subscriptions etc.

I think basically if they are selling them as "off road plates only" then they are covered. It is then the buyer who could get into trouble. As long as you haven't got silly then you will probably be ok.

Anyway, you have that 10-14 day thingy to get it rectified anyway don't you?

Hiya

My mate makes plates as he owns a sign shop but noone has ever said anything to him about registering with anyone... The funny thing is i dont think that law applys in Ireland anyway... So if anyone needs plates i can get him to make them up for you guys legally...

Thanks

i need some plates making up.........and delivering to TDI.but being over here, i cannot get any done

anyone wanna help :duh:

that hits the nail on the head

we would but we cant

cause the authoritys think we would all rob banks if we could