Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I heard these were like rocket ships off the line but I never stood a chance even in power mode!

The previous junction he was alongside me but my language prevents me posting, this time I was behind him and stayed there, no speeding as we both shut off at the limit but there’s no law regarding how quick you get there, anyone have a couple of turbos 😀

I recently experienced the same humiliation with one of those hideous little BMW electric things, I managed to just about stay level but that was it.  I wouldn't have minded but what a nasty looking thing, at least the Tesla looks quite nice!

My nephew has a Tesla Model S. Not long after he got it, he invited me to have a drive. When we got to a quiet stretch of road he told me to floor it. I won't print what I said; but these things have supercar acceleration - quite incredible. 

Having said that, the ride isn't very good and the interior, fixtures and fittings are really substandard. No, I wouldn't have one.

However, I do respect their performance and never try to outdo them at the lights.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

All I saw was Model S, looking at the 0-60 time I fully understand !

It's quite rare to see a P100D and then you don't know if the owner has paid the extra for the Ludicrous mode but even the 'slow' ones are seriously quick.

I remembering seeing a few at Wings & Wheels where owners can launch their vehicles down the runway. The Teslas were noticeable quicker away from the line than any of the Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren etc.

• Like 1

0-60 in 2.3 seconds - these are Breakers Yard Cars in the UK. The most dangerous car on the road?  Insurance must be astronomical.

Watched a vid of some young blogger with not quite such a sleek one -  put it into reverse by mistake at the power point - crunch.  Easily done it would seem. 

Never quite understood the need to re-arrange my internal organs while trying to outdo someone in any car as fast as a rocket, so LS400 acceleration is fine by me, and I drive in the knowledge my car will never have cost me £70K+ no matter how long I keep it, or be hacked by some Ukranian Script Kiddy having fun while I pop to the shops to buy a packet of Polo Mints.

Does make me wonder if in the future EV owners will stop for a re-charge and a Costa, and then on trying to head off find the software has turned the car into a heap of confused software

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Never quite understood the need to re-arrange my internal organs while trying to outdo someone in any car as fast as a rocket, so LS400 acceleration is fine by me, and I drive in the knowledge my car will never have cost me £70K+ no matter how long I keep it, or be hacked by some Ukranian Script Kiddy having fun while I pop to the shops to buy a packet of Polo Mints.

Does make me wonder if in the future EV owners will stop for a re-charge and a Costa, and then on trying to head off find the software has turned the car into a heap of confused software

“Alexa is my Tesla fully charged yet.”

”Your Tesla is fully charged and I have updated the software for you”

<LOL>
If you buy the top spec Tesla S you are paying £137,500.
Yes, it'll do 0-60 in 2.3 secs but only in Ludicrous Mode and that damages the batteries if you do it too often.
They drive OK, but as previously stated the ride is meh and the fit and finish is awful, for such an expensive car.
If you want to keep up with the Tesla, you will need more than turbos. You'll need JATOs. 🤣

7 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

You'll need JATOs. 🤣

Reminded me of this bogus Darwin Award Jato car

But now I think about it, the state of Elon's brain is now explained, and why he thinks he wants to move to Mars.  Too much time trying out cars that can park your eyeballs in the back of your head, must mess your head up a little.

I wonder what Police Interceptors on Channel 5 will be like once some of those doped up numpties start getting their mitts on EVs to go joy riding around in???