Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Catalytic Converter Thefts?

A friend of mine has just traded-in his RX300 for a 4 year old NX and I am also considering one of the same age. I believe the RX Gen 3 and Gen 4 are targets for low-lifes stealing the catalytic converters. I would like to know if the NX is also a target? Have any forum members had this problem with an NX? Thanks.

That sounds good. Lets hope that the low-lifes also know that! Good to hear that the RX450h isn't affected as the 4th Gen is also a consideration for me as I particularly like the cream leather/brown dashboard combination and the 'arm-chair like' seats. Sounds like the 4th Gen RX450h have the same catalytic converter arrangement as the NX?

12 hours ago, JeffL said:

A friend of mine has just traded-in his RX300 for a 4 year old NX and I am also considering one of the same age. I believe the RX Gen 3 and Gen 4 are targets for low-lifes stealing the catalytic converters. I would like to know if the NX is also a target? Have any forum members had this problem with an NX? Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

With regards to the NX and cat thefts, you might find the following topic helpful:-

• Thanks 1

Thanks Andy. Still no one has come forward to say they've had their cat stolen on an NX which is excellent news. I'm going to put the same enquiry on the RX thread re the 4th Gen RX450H just so that I've got the option of either car if the news is good.

1 hour ago, JeffL said:

Thanks Andy. Still no one has come forward to say they've had their cat stolen on an NX which is excellent news. I'm going to put the same enquiry on the RX thread re the 4th Gen RX450H just so that I've got the option of either car if the news is good.

In case you plan trips to mainland Europe. I have my NX since 07/2017 and travelled many countries, parked my car outside at train stations every office day and nothing like this happened to it. Also not to the 3 Lexus I had before.

What actually happened to it where 2 damages while parking and the guilty drivers went away 😞

I guess this could happen to everybody.

• Thanks 1

I have contacted a Lexus dealer and asked if they sell cat locks for an NX and was told that there was no issues with the NX. If you want to see the underneath of a NX see this video .

4 hours ago, Rosella said:

I have contacted a Lexus dealer and asked if they sell cat locks for an NX and was told that there was no issues with the NX. If you want to see the underneath of a NX see this video .

I believe Lexus only have a catloc available for the CT or RX Series II as those are ones mainly targeted at the moment.

The video is for the 200t variant of the NX, slightly different to the 300h.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Having read the many posts on this subject my mind rests a little easier now.

However, I do have a question that might be of interest to others.  Most of us know that there are specific jacking points on most cars and, I am wondering if any (costly?) damage is done by these thieves when they simply push their jack under the car to get at the CATCON as quickly as possible.

Just a thought!

7 hours ago, oraman said:

That's just a CAT I suspect....what about exhaust though? They may damage it in the process.

The cat is part of the front exhaust section, it isn't sold on its own. The joint between front and middle sections I believe is quite close to the cat, it may be possible that the middle section is therefore damaged which I suspect is around £ 400+ to replace.

17 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Won't be long before people are cutting out batteries from EVs.

Guessing it would be no where near as easy as they cover the bottom of the car but it probably won't stop some people even if they cause massive damage and aren't successful. 😢

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links