Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4th Gen RX450h Catalytic Converter Thefts?

6 hours ago, WipeOut said:

I spoke with Lexus technical regarding this. On the 4th generation (which I own) the cars are not been targeted due to the location of the catalytic convertor in the engine bay. 

So who in Lexus technical did you speak to? They should be fired for lying or being incompetent.

The series IV is no different from the series II 400h, or the series III 450h. Same for the Prius and CT200h etc.

Yes on the RX the two front cats are in the engine bay as part of the exhaust manifold (headers) - one for each bank.

2087004551_Screenshot2021-04-23at08_52_17.thumb.png.bd4cadbebec88402b2a8c00a53c0cbe0.png

But there is a second cat under the vehicle which is the one that is cut out.

162327616_Screenshot2021-04-23at08_51_43.thumb.png.a548e30c7c37db3add4da5e4331c981b.png

The series IV isn't a target because older cats are worth more money, there are more older vehicles on the road, and the organised gangs learn certain vehicles so they can steel the cat as quickly as possible (e.g. know how to disable the alarm, best jacking point, exactly where to cut).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, billgatesisaconman said:

A guy I work with had the cat cut off his Corolla hybrid last friday in middle of the afternoon on a busy Aldi carpark in Swinton, the government need to get a grip on the scrap industry so these cat thefts come to an end ...

Get everyone you know to sign this:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/575859?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

3 hours ago, stringbender said:

Just 231 signatures so far !

I think Andrew only started it the other day and posted on this CT200h thread - so we need to get the word out

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/127900-lexus-ct200h-cat-theft/?do=findComment&comment=1178029&_rid=3469

• 1 year later...

Just reactivating this post as Cat thefts are still common place in my area of South West London.

Has anyone had the Cat from a Series 3 or 4 RX450h stolen recently? 

So far, having owned since May, my RX450 has been left alone despite being easy prey. I'm hoping the low amount of value in the secondary Cat makes it an uneconomical use of the thieves "effort". 

I'm not interested in fitting a noisy vibrating Catlock as seems self defeating. Just worried I should be worrying...🤨

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links