Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, with great reluctance, due to a change in circumstances I am selling my LS430 2002.  It is Pearlescent White, with cream upholstery and has the exec pack,  I am told,  so rear massage seats etc. I will  put it In the ‘For Sale‘ section, with photos, when it stops raining, but thought I would give a heads up if any body is seriously looking now. The reg no is RBW 1N, obviously not included,  but you can look up the mot history, which tells you a lot. Since owning, for 6 years it has been future proofed, and obviously has full service history. It has had a new OEM radiator,  replaced OEM rear air con pipes, and  replacement sub woofer, which are the costly bugs. Mileage is 105k, but being used so will marginally increase. No known faults, fully serviced in July,  and I will mot before sale, but not due until Jan. Always used OEM, parts, and all have long life. Cam belt, water pump, tensioner etc, done at 60k, as were spark plugs and transmission oil. Brand new Michelin Primacy 2 tyres fitted 23k miles ago, with plenty of tread left which should tell you how it has been used, which is only for long journeys. Yesterday I drove for 9 hours from Chester to Colchester and back  32 mpg, on and not only is it faultless but it goes like a rocket when needed.The bodywork is immaculate and well polished. Asking price is £2900, please message me through here for contact details as I do not wish to put my phone no on.
This car was bought as a keeper, and that is how it has been treated, and my wish is for it to go to a good home. 🤗 Based In Chester  Cheers, Roger

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Thanks John, yes aware, just hope somebody cares as much as me. Are you back home now ? , did you have a good trip,

cheers,

Roger

Back home again (not a John Denver song) !

Spent 11 days out of my prison home for the past 5.5 months to enjoy an extremely responsible and peaceful existence in Ross and Cromarty in a small and very quiet B&B in Cromarty itself. Just Mrs Roy and me and a dearth of travellers who were almost outnumbered by the Army of Mothballed Oil Rigs stationed at strategic points in Cromarty Firth. Blue skies, gentle breezes and an abundance of good healthy food mingled with the occasional tub of Rasberry Ripple or Chip Choc Mint !

Road trips to Helmsdale via Dornoch and Brora to enjoy a picnic lunch watching the small fishing boats return to harbour. To Rosemarkie to view the Dolphins and taste the local Haddock and to Muir of Ord to purchase the Golden Elixir for myself and others close to me.

Paradise  indeed.

A total of 1320 trouble-free miles and an overall fuel consumption of, yet again, 38mpg from a magnificent GS 450h.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Out of interest Roger what will you replace the 430 with?

Hi David, the answer is I don’t know yet. At the age of nearly 70, I am a Director of one expanding Company, and just been appointed UK Director of a busy Aussie owned businesses. It is by choice as I love it, but means more activity and there are big Company Tax advantages with electric vehicles, Tesla and Polestar. A gas guzzling V8 for business use isn’t really the way forward, plus whilst the Lexus would hack it easily, it is 18 years old and deserves a more sedate future in my opinion. It still needs to be used, but I think not commercially hammered.
I am biting the bullet early as I have limited car parking, plus have use of another car, so it is a choice I will make later on. 
Thanks for your interest , Cheers, Roger

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Hi David, the answer is I don’t know yet. At the age of nearly 70, I am a Director of one expanding Company, and just been appointed UK Director of a busy Aussie owned businesses. It is by choice as I love it, but means more activity and there are big Company Tax advantages with electric vehicles, Tesla and Polestar. A gas guzzling V8 for business use isn’t really the way forward, plus whilst the Lexus would hack it easily, it is 18 years old and deserves a more sedate future in my opinion. It still needs to be used, but I think not commercially hammered.
I am biting the bullet early as I have limited car parking, plus have use of another car, so it is a choice I will make later on. 
Thanks for your interest , Cheers, Roger

Hi Roger , I would have thought that it is much more eco friendly to keep driving your LS @30mpg than the horrendous cost to the planet of another  Tesla  with all the downsides of manufacturing one of these . But I suppose if its the tax advantage , then I see your point . Anyway I wish you well in whatever you do . 

7 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Hi Roger , I would have thought that it is much more eco friendly to keep driving your LS @30mpg than the horrendous cost to the planet of another  Tesla  with all the downsides of manufacturing one of these . But I suppose if its the tax advantage , then I see your point . Anyway I wish you well in whatever you do . 

I agree with you personally , but realistically not my decision, plus whether on not you or I agree the company is seen as green. I have no parking space , so can’t store , Cheers , Roger

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Back home again (not a John Denver song) !

Spent 11 days out of my prison home for the past 5.5 months to enjoy an extremely responsible and peaceful existence in Ross and Cromarty in a small and very quiet B&B in Cromarty itself. Just Mrs Roy and me and a dearth of travellers who were almost outnumbered by the Army of Mothballed Oil Rigs stationed at strategic points in Cromarty Firth. Blue skies, gentle breezes and an abundance of good healthy food mingled with the occasional tub of Rasberry Ripple or Chip Choc Mint !

Road trips to Helmsdale via Dornoch and Brora to enjoy a picnic lunch watching the small fishing boats return to harbour. To Rosemarkie to view the Dolphins and taste the local Haddock and to Muir of Ord to purchase the Golden Elixir for myself and others close to me.

Paradise  indeed.

A total of 1320 trouble-free miles and an overall fuel consumption of, yet again, 38mpg from a magnificent GS 450h.

Lovely part of the world ...............I visit the brother in Alness from time to time ................You cant beat the 450h for a trouble free run !

1 hour ago, nicnac said:

Lovely part of the world ...............I visit the brother in Alness from time to time ................You cant beat the 450h for a trouble free run !

Hi Nic, I thought of you and your brother as I floated past Alness a few times.

Just been reading about the Lucid Air, a competitor of Tesla. Might have one in the afterlife!

I might suggest it to Roger for his consideration--should cover 400 miles on one charge, so his new Director Partners cannot sneeze at that !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RgrWynne said:

I agree with you personally , but realistically not my decision, plus whether on not you or I agree the company is seen as green. I have no parking space , so can’t store , Cheers , Roger

Roger, have you seen the Lucid Air E.V. ?

1 hour ago, nicnac said: