Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When I bought my is250 I knew it had one helluva lot of scratches and the paint wasn't looked after by it's previous owner. Oxidation and a myriad of car wash roller brush marks etc etc. I tried in vain with Maguires ultimate compound in a couple areas but to no avail. I contacted a car body shop i used about 5 years ago. Took the car to them where they told me of the faults etc. A stonking good quite to sort the paint finish out. I knew it wouldn't be perfect as a good few scratches were to the primer. Anyway below are a few chosen pose shots taken at 8pm tonight. I have to say I'm blown away by what they did.

20200826_195243.jpg

20200826_195224.jpg

20200826_195141.jpg

20200826_195116.jpg

20200826_195105.jpg

20200826_195043.jpg

• Like 4

Very good results there Mr Vlad but I am sure the photos don't do it justice. I have black colour GS and polished it using DA polisher, even though I am a novice at it the results are amazing, I still got some scratches I need to work on!

What I am saying I took couple of photos before and after and unless you enlarge them to see sun reflection on the paint you can't see the swirl marks and after the polish almost all of them gone! 

After all that work I done I refuse to wash the car! lol! 🙂

I just stopped caring about the paintwork on my cars, much easier 😄 As long as it's not rusting I don't care. Any rust spots on the bonnet I scrape, treat and then paint over clumsily with a touch-up pen, don't bother with the clear coat. 

• Like 1

Hi fellow Vlad. I'm assuming its the front tyres you mean. Those budget tyres seem very good but there's only a thousand or so miles left on them. But they stick to the road very well. Give very good feedback. Can't fault them not even in the howling rain we have had. 

Hi Barry I know I look close to the fence but I can walk round the back of the car and when needs be I trim the green stuff well back.

Thanks for your comments guys 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

When I bought my is250 I knew it had one helluva lot of scratches and the paint wasn't looked after by it's previous owner. Oxidation and a myriad of car wash roller brush marks etc etc. I tried in vain with Maguires ultimate compound in a couple areas but to no avail. I contacted a car body shop i used about 5 years ago. Took the car to them where they told me of the faults etc. A stonking good quite to sort the paint finish out. I knew it wouldn't be perfect as a good few scratches were to the primer. Anyway below are a few chosen pose shots taken at 8pm tonight. I have to say I'm blown away by what they did.

20200826_195243.jpg

20200826_195224.jpg

20200826_195141.jpg

20200826_195116.jpg

20200826_195105.jpg

20200826_195043.jpg

Thanks Mike. It cost £150. Took them all day to do. 3 different levels of wet n dry followed by 3 or 4 compounds with the DA. I trust that place whole heartedly.

Over the years mine’s had paint sealant, polish, wax, clay bar and apart from the roof which is being re-sprayed soon it’s not too bad at 26 years. Bear in mind of course this was the flagship model at the time with no expense spared so probably got more paint coats than a Rolls or Bentley.

CD30AFF9-7E2B-460F-ADBF-461059023354.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links